2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
The Mayor
By sgtsyko on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my truck nov of 2001 and I love it. It has a very strong engine that pulls my 21' ski boat with no problems whatsoever. It gets the attention of everyone and they all love it and it is really affordable. I have had very few mechanical issues that were taken care of quickly by the dealership. It doesnt get great gas mileage, but its a v8 what do you expect? I would reccomend it to anyone who wants a great looking truck thats relatively inexpensive with a lot of options. Take one for a ride and you will see what I'm talking about. Happy truckin!

Outstanding
By Adam2 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I owned a 97' Dodge SS/T 5.9L 360, Let me tell you, don't be affraid of the 4.7L its just as fast. The truck rides just like a car(very smooth) The interior is sweet. I have owned this truck for 2 days now and everyone I have seen wants one or are jealous.

AWESOME!!!!
By Powerlounger on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I looked at EVERYTHING out there from Toyota to Ford, even VW's(for my wife) and this was by far the best deal out there....$16,400 for a V-8(240hp), CD player, Tilt wheel, cruise control, split rear window.......C'mon now, that's a good deal. This thing looks incredible, drives like a sports car, yet you sit high enough to see everything !!!! The ride is smooth and the road noise doesn't exist....This truck is a winner......!!!!!

A well spent 13,000
By flaram on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Does everything well except go. the 3.7 sounds more powerful than it si. It is a great improvement over the old 3.9. For daily driving however I don't notice the horsepower disadvantage. It more comfortable than anything else; handles and brakes well. And of course it has that distinctive look.

2002 DR 1500 SLT 4.7L 5spd 3.92/LSD 20s
By fastermopars on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned 2 dodge ram's previous to this one and i have to say that in many area's this truck is MUCH improved. -Ride quality is greatly improved and almost car like -the ole nv3500 5speed is AWESOME -the truck is SHARP...its arguably as good looking as my 2001 model but the 20s are simply beautiful -interior design is even more improved over previous model rams -i dont know how roy gets that this truck has any more plastic on it than a 2001 or previous model (BECAUSE IT DOESN'T)

OWN 2001 RAMM 150
By J VARELA on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD LB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

A SOLID TRUCK

Dodge Trucks are cheaply made
By Roy Cadow on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I can't believe how cheap all the interior plastic is inside the truck, dashboard, recline seat handles, door handles, etc. I had a 1999 and believe me this truck is made with much cheaper materials, I'm very disappointed and had I realized all this when I got the truck I wouldn't have purchased it. Also the transmission is very jerky during slow and even fast shifting, and its intermitent.

2002 Dodge RAM, ST, Std cab 4x4...
By Shadowhawk on 03/15/02 15:54 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

In short, a fantastic truck. I've owned a Dodge Quad 4x4 for 3 years and love it. This 'little' one is in some ways better. A bit ugly on the front end (dodge should have left well enough alone), but amazing on the inside, great ride and wonderful performance. I've got the 4.7L with automatic.

Great Truck
By penrose on 03/05/02 18:34 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, looks great. Handles very well. I have the V8 automatic ST.

2002 Reg Cab
By penrose on 03/02/02 07:45 AM (PST)

Excellent Truck. Fun to drive