2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
2002 Ram Sport Quad Cab
By 28fan1 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I had been looking at 2004 Ram, when I recieved a call about this truck. It is a 2002 Ram Quad Cab with sport package. I've only had it about a month, but it rides great, it's like and SUV with a truck bed on steroids. The fuel economy is about 12-15 miles per gallon, but that is what I expected from a truck. It has a 5.9 liter, it doesn't have the same "pep" as a HEMI, but it is a blast to drive. Overall, I am very happy to have made this purchase

good truck
By dodge boys on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

easy acess under the hood.nice ride doesn't like bumps at higher speeds. seats need to recline all the way. when you open the doors snow falls on the seats. back seat good room,no head protection from rear glass.

Horrid Gas Mileage
By rahoyme on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Although I really like my Quad Cab 4x4, the gas mileage is really terrible. Rides well, has adequate performance. I got the 4.7 engine specifically, as I don't use it off-road too often, and where I live there's a lot of snow in the winter. But the gas mileage is just terrible! I get about 8 mpg in the city, and 12-13 mpg on the highway. Wouldn't have done too much worse with the Hemi engine. Although it's been reliable, stay away from the 4.7 engine.

Great Truck
By Curly1 on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Truck handles well, steering wheel feels good, and with the fully adjustable seats, the truck is easy to drive. It was a great looking truck when it was new and it still is the best looking truck out there.

2002 Dodge Ram Sport
By Clifford Straw on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My experience has been very good. The only thing that needed service was a recall on the a/c blower motor wiring, outside mirror recall, and a hole was worn in the drivers seat where the lumbar support bar rubs the seat cover. Chrysler was nice enough to let me pay the full cost of this repair due to the mileage at the time of repair being 38000 miles(it didn't happen overnight). The seat cover back alone was approximately $400.00. All other experiences has been great.

In the shop more than on the road
By In the shop on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Dealer ship great, service department great, parts supplier sucks. AC broke, side mirror recall, sensor recall, some other sensor replaced, headlights had problems, the rear axle broke under hard breaking on a gravel road, as of this review it has been 2 weeks and they still can't get a new wiper motor, fuel economy just keeps getting worse.

2002 TUFF RAM
By Frankiev on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Thus far I am absolutely 100% satisfied and pleased with this vehicle. When I purchased I was torn between the GMC, Ford and Dodge. I ended up with the Dodge and still believe this is the best choice. My next truck will definitely be another Ram but this time it may be a 2500 or 3500 with a HEMI.

work truck
By Tim Heggs on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My truck has been used to tow boats and cars to Florida and no matter the size the truck pulls it like it is empty

A Perfect 10 Around The USA
By JW5 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the vehicle Feb 2002; I drove this new truck on a cross- country road trip starting in June 2002 which consisted of summer weather, 4 months constant driving, and 17,000 miles total trip. Midwest to New York to Miami, Miami to San Diego, San Diego up old Hiway 1 to Seattle, and back to the Midwest starting point. I purchased this truck new with 9 miles on it; it's red SLT Plus (now called Larmie) and had the Sport package (20" wheels). New retail price was $38,915; it had every option available. Other vehicles I own: Lincoln Navigator, BMW X5 and Mercedes S600. My favorite: The DODGE; why?...I had no problems with it what-so-ever. NONE!

warped rotors
By jonathan7thno on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

if you buy one the only problem you may have will be the rotors. the front rotors warp . mine warped 3 times since may, and it's only dec. for the 03 model year dc put out a fix but not for the 02 model. turning the rotors will cost about 50-60 bucks . the rotors where only covered for first 12000 miles. after that your on your own. get the dealer to replace em. that way they stay covered. turning them will work for a while.