Used 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

I'll never have another make of truck...
By Kruser79

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've made some normal hot-rodding mods to my truck. It can almost run even with a Hemi Q/C, yet now gets 19 MPG on the highway. I love this truck, and can't pry my keister out of the seat (hence the abnormally high miles on it per year). It's reliability is rock-solid, and I can easily drive twelve-hour days or more. I'm a GM convert, and will always have a DCX Ram from here on out.

The cab room! It's huge. The 4.7, while a little thirstier than a Hemi (with similar driving habits), is very responsive to modifications. It also sounds better than any Hemi when it has an opened up exhaust.

Too late, they made them with the '06. Better suspension, even more cab room. But they still need to find the sweet-spot between power and economy when it comes to their engines.

I love my Dodge truck
By don white

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Dodge truck! I drove my Dodge to Chevy dealers and test drove brand new trucks, but got out and back in my used Dodge truck and drove off so happy. I love all the storage, the head and foot room, the comfort and the ride. The seats fit and adjust perfect to me. I drive 35000 miles a year and wouldn't want to drive any other truck on the market. Mine is four wheel drive and I use it hard. I pull trailers to my construction jobs or race car to the track. It has never let me down. I look forward to my next Dodge truck. On the down side i have had to change one radiator hose , a power steering hose and the rack and pinyon steering unit. Total repairs were less than 600 dollars

Smoothness of the ride

None

Ouch
By alana

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I finally got the opportunity to get a new body style when my '00 Dodge's engine was about to blow and got a decent deal on this '02 SB Quad Cab 4x4. Now, the head light switch has issues and I'm constantly "flashing" people unintentionally. Or, the parking and fog lights are constantly on. Sure I could get the $130 brand spanking new light switch. Then there's the issue of averaging 10 mpg with $3 gas, and a 30 mile commute each way daily. I will probably end up trading this truck in tonight for an Avalanche or Xterra. At least they average 16-18 mpg. Also, there is no real "frame" on this truck. There's a special towing hitch that you have to buy. I'd be scared to tow our Airstream with this.

Center console. Quad Cab. 4x4. Audio is decent.

MPG! Light switch issues. Solid frame.

02 Ram SLT Quad review
By Tommy

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck new after trading in a 98 Quad cab. Excellent design...give a few flaws that were corrected later. Great ride and reliability. Mirrors had always been a sore spot for me with Dodge vehicles, the tow mirrors are a plus. Very minimal maintenance in four years. The 4.7 litre engine is great, but not a big improvement in mileage over the hemi.

Center console with power outlet, adjustable pedals, anti-glare rear view mirror, Infiniti stereo sound, storage room under fold-up rear seats, white instrument cluster, overhead information cluster.

Fog light indicator & placement, tie downs in the bed, alarm with shock sensor, courtesy light in center dash storage panel & seat storage area, larger standard back seat area, remove O/D adjustor from steering column, add three-level EQ to Infiniti system, eliminate adjustable headrest, better mpg.

Horrible
By Rich

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Radiator hose blew at 29000 miles. Blinkers don't work properly. And now the head gaskets blew at 36,800 miles and I don't even tow with it. Also the rear end hops real bad at highway speeds.

Not one that stands out over all the bad.

Reliability and highway ride.