Used 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

I love my Dodge truck
By don white

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Dodge truck! I drove my Dodge to Chevy dealers and test drove brand new trucks, but got out and back in my used Dodge truck and drove off so happy. I love all the storage, the head and foot room, the comfort and the ride. The seats fit and adjust perfect to me. I drive 35000 miles a year and wouldn't want to drive any other truck on the market. Mine is four wheel drive and I use it hard. I pull trailers to my construction jobs or race car to the track. It has never let me down. I look forward to my next Dodge truck. On the down side i have had to change one radiator hose , a power steering hose and the rack and pinyon steering unit. Total repairs were less than 600 dollars

Favorite Features

Smoothness of the ride

Suggested Improvements

None

Ouch
By alana

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I finally got the opportunity to get a new body style when my '00 Dodge's engine was about to blow and got a decent deal on this '02 SB Quad Cab 4x4. Now, the head light switch has issues and I'm constantly "flashing" people unintentionally. Or, the parking and fog lights are constantly on. Sure I could get the $130 brand spanking new light switch. Then there's the issue of averaging 10 mpg with $3 gas, and a 30 mile commute each way daily. I will probably end up trading this truck in tonight for an Avalanche or Xterra. At least they average 16-18 mpg. Also, there is no real "frame" on this truck. There's a special towing hitch that you have to buy. I'd be scared to tow our Airstream with this.

Favorite Features

Center console. Quad Cab. 4x4. Audio is decent.

Suggested Improvements

MPG! Light switch issues. Solid frame.

02 Ram SLT Quad review
By Tommy

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck new after trading in a 98 Quad cab. Excellent design...give a few flaws that were corrected later. Great ride and reliability. Mirrors had always been a sore spot for me with Dodge vehicles, the tow mirrors are a plus. Very minimal maintenance in four years. The 4.7 litre engine is great, but not a big improvement in mileage over the hemi.

Favorite Features

Center console with power outlet, adjustable pedals, anti-glare rear view mirror, Infiniti stereo sound, storage room under fold-up rear seats, white instrument cluster, overhead information cluster.

Suggested Improvements

Fog light indicator & placement, tie downs in the bed, alarm with shock sensor, courtesy light in center dash storage panel & seat storage area, larger standard back seat area, remove O/D adjustor from steering column, add three-level EQ to Infiniti system, eliminate adjustable headrest, better mpg.

Horrible
By Rich

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Radiator hose blew at 29000 miles. Blinkers don't work properly. And now the head gaskets blew at 36,800 miles and I don't even tow with it. Also the rear end hops real bad at highway speeds.

Favorite Features

Not one that stands out over all the bad.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability and highway ride.

I love my '02 Ram 15000!
By Tommy

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Traded my 98 Ram Quad Cab for this because of a great trade-in offer. No regrets or major mechanical problems in four years of ownership. 4.7 liter engine has lots of smooth power for non-towing situations. Highly recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

1) dual center storage console 2) rear storage beneath the seats & foldable partitions 3) audio contols on steering wheel 4) overhead display console with all functions 5) 20 mph auto lock of doors

Suggested Improvements

1) add a three band EQ and multi disc changer to the Infinity sound package 2) place a low level interior light near cup holder console. Lots of dark area ---even with the dome light on ! 3) the strap holders near the bed entry need to be extended. 4) The jack--put it somewhere else !