2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
02 Ram SLT Quad review
By Tommy on 03/02/06 05:37 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck new after trading in a 98 Quad cab. Excellent design...give a few flaws that were corrected later. Great ride and reliability. Mirrors had always been a sore spot for me with Dodge vehicles, the tow mirrors are a plus. Very minimal maintenance in four years. The 4.7 litre engine is great, but not a big improvement in mileage over the hemi.

Horrible
By Rich on 11/15/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Radiator hose blew at 29000 miles. Blinkers don't work properly. And now the head gaskets blew at 36,800 miles and I don't even tow with it. Also the rear end hops real bad at highway speeds.

I love my '02 Ram 15000!
By Tommy on 11/08/05 11:16 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Traded my 98 Ram Quad Cab for this because of a great trade-in offer. No regrets or major mechanical problems in four years of ownership. 4.7 liter engine has lots of smooth power for non-towing situations. Highly recommend to anyone.

Dodge 4DR SLT 4WD SB
By Stoney on 09/28/05 22:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck! Fun to drive and great ground clearance for off roading. I just wish it got better MPG!

No Bowties
By Swamp-rat on 07/18/05 22:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Dodge. This thing will pull the hinges off of the barn door and look great doing it. The ride is 100 times better than any "Z71" as you go around them in the mud to hook up the chains to drag them out. 90,000 miles so far and no problems. I tow a 31' travel trailer and it does the job. Mileage is 16-18 hwy, 15-16 combined 14-15 city, 7-11 towing (31' travel trailer)

Love this truck
By Chuckster on 05/17/05 19:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I definitely love my truck. It is quite comfortable except for the long reach to the radio from the driver seat. Plenty of extra creature comforts. Gas mileage is terrible, but it's a Quad Cab V8 5.9L truck. I didnt buy it to be a Toyota Prius. It has hauled and towed everything I have needed it to. Steering does make a funny noise, and just a little slip in the transmission at 60k. I would reccommend it for power over the F150's I've driven and for creature comforts over the Titan from Nissan.

One Awesome Dodge!!!
By Darren on 04/27/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My Dodge Ram is now three years old. I have 49,000 miles on it. The only problem I had was the AC went out, but it was under warranty. I will drive it for at least another three years.. won't trade her until she reaches 100k. This is my daily driver and gas is a pain, but what can you do? I knew the gas would be ugly when I bought it. This is my second Dodge Ram and it's been as worthy as my first.

Dodge RAM 1500 - Crow Review
By WCrow59 on 04/08/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Dodge RAM 1500 ST Short Bed pickup in Oct 2002. The truck has been nothing but exceptional. Quality is very good. Acceleration for the 4.7L V-8 allows plenty of speed on the highway. The cab is exceptionally quiet. I like the strong door pillars. The AM/FM Radio Cassette player gave out around 40,000 miles and I had to replace a resistor in the A/C fan at around 30,000 miles. Towing capacity is good for small trailers/tows using the bumper. Suspension is a bit tight...you tend to feel the bumps on the road; enough to remind you this is not your Daddy's sedan. As for looks, this baby is top- notch! Even after 2 1/2 years I get lots of looks from admiring fans.

Good pickup
By vroom01ex on 03/26/05 11:18 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

To those of you looking for a toy- keep looking. This monster is too big to be a toy, especially if your playground is the urban jungle. The truck is managable-the turning radius is good- but at the same time, the enormous mirrors (I have the trailer tow) and wide body make maneuvering in tight spaces difficult. Acceleration from the 5.9 is average at best (esp. on the highway) and gas mileage is subpar. Handling is very good,(I have the 20s), but the ride is terrible. The truck crashes over everything and will change lanes if you don't have two hands on the wheel. All in all, it's a good truck with three bagfulls of character...just know that one of those bags WILL be offensive/bad/annoying.

Ram Needs Gas Again
By Terminator on 01/13/05 16:52 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The ride and looks of this truck are good, especially with the sport package and 20" wheels. Lowered mine 2" front, 4" back. Really makes it stand out. The 5.9L lacks in power and performance. It is a gas hog! 10/City 13/HWG with 2 wheel drive. It's been back to the dealer 7 times for emmission system problems and an entire new front steering rack. Not overly impressed with Dodge trucks mainly due to gas mileage. This was my first & last one. Can't wait to get back to GMC