2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
I love my Dodge truck
By don white on 05/10/06 19:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Dodge truck! I drove my Dodge to Chevy dealers and test drove brand new trucks, but got out and back in my used Dodge truck and drove off so happy. I love all the storage, the head and foot room, the comfort and the ride. The seats fit and adjust perfect to me. I drive 35000 miles a year and wouldn't want to drive any other truck on the market. Mine is four wheel drive and I use it hard. I pull trailers to my construction jobs or race car to the track. It has never let me down. I look forward to my next Dodge truck. On the down side i have had to change one radiator hose , a power steering hose and the rack and pinyon steering unit. Total repairs were less than 600 dollars

Ouch
By alana on 05/05/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I finally got the opportunity to get a new body style when my '00 Dodge's engine was about to blow and got a decent deal on this '02 SB Quad Cab 4x4. Now, the head light switch has issues and I'm constantly "flashing" people unintentionally. Or, the parking and fog lights are constantly on. Sure I could get the $130 brand spanking new light switch. Then there's the issue of averaging 10 mpg with $3 gas, and a 30 mile commute each way daily. I will probably end up trading this truck in tonight for an Avalanche or Xterra. At least they average 16-18 mpg. Also, there is no real "frame" on this truck. There's a special towing hitch that you have to buy. I'd be scared to tow our Airstream with this.

02 Ram SLT Quad review
By Tommy on 03/02/06 05:37 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck new after trading in a 98 Quad cab. Excellent design...give a few flaws that were corrected later. Great ride and reliability. Mirrors had always been a sore spot for me with Dodge vehicles, the tow mirrors are a plus. Very minimal maintenance in four years. The 4.7 litre engine is great, but not a big improvement in mileage over the hemi.

Horrible
By Rich on 11/15/05 20:53 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Radiator hose blew at 29000 miles. Blinkers don't work properly. And now the head gaskets blew at 36,800 miles and I don't even tow with it. Also the rear end hops real bad at highway speeds.

I love my '02 Ram 15000!
By Tommy on 11/08/05 11:16 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Traded my 98 Ram Quad Cab for this because of a great trade-in offer. No regrets or major mechanical problems in four years of ownership. 4.7 liter engine has lots of smooth power for non-towing situations. Highly recommend to anyone.

Dodge 4DR SLT 4WD SB
By Stoney on 09/28/05 22:57 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck! Fun to drive and great ground clearance for off roading. I just wish it got better MPG!

No Bowties
By Swamp-rat on 07/18/05 22:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Dodge. This thing will pull the hinges off of the barn door and look great doing it. The ride is 100 times better than any "Z71" as you go around them in the mud to hook up the chains to drag them out. 90,000 miles so far and no problems. I tow a 31' travel trailer and it does the job. Mileage is 16-18 hwy, 15-16 combined 14-15 city, 7-11 towing (31' travel trailer)

Love this truck
By Chuckster on 05/17/05 19:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I definitely love my truck. It is quite comfortable except for the long reach to the radio from the driver seat. Plenty of extra creature comforts. Gas mileage is terrible, but it's a Quad Cab V8 5.9L truck. I didnt buy it to be a Toyota Prius. It has hauled and towed everything I have needed it to. Steering does make a funny noise, and just a little slip in the transmission at 60k. I would reccommend it for power over the F150's I've driven and for creature comforts over the Titan from Nissan.

Ram Needs Gas Again
By Terminator on 01/13/05 16:52 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The ride and looks of this truck are good, especially with the sport package and 20" wheels. Lowered mine 2" front, 4" back. Really makes it stand out. The 5.9L lacks in power and performance. It is a gas hog! 10/City 13/HWG with 2 wheel drive. It's been back to the dealer 7 times for emmission system problems and an entire new front steering rack. Not overly impressed with Dodge trucks mainly due to gas mileage. This was my first & last one. Can't wait to get back to GMC

Truck value
By john mackey on 12/18/04 07:06 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My Ram 1500 is basicly a good truck over all, but I think that it is severly under powered with it`s 4.7 liter engine. As far as driving and handling goes, it does allright. I think that the rear seating area could use some major attention. The back of the bench seat is by far too straight up and down. It should lean back to a more relaxed position, and unless you're a short person and have a small family, the back seating area is going to be pretty cramped for you!!!