2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
No Complaints after 5 years
By Texas Navy on 03/09/07 06:34 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought when it first hit the lot. Had some problems with the speed sensor, but fixed. Still get 15+ MPG in city and 18-19 hwy. Replaced front and rear bumpers like all good Texans. Now it is a tank. Have had nothing but compliments on its looks and ride from friends and family. Hauled may loads of hay in Texas heat with no problems. Tows like there is nothing behind it. Could get better MPG but as said before it is a truck and one that even Tim Allen would be proud of.

The Perfect Full Size Truck
By silentscope on 10/02/06 23:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. I have had no problems whatsoever. This is the ideal truck to have because of the amount of storage space in the cab.

If it got 30MPG I'd never buy another car
By GO PSU on 09/11/06 23:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Was hesitant to purchase vehicle in June of 2006 with 123K on odometer. However, I have driven it like it was new (trailering and offroading) and it doesn't skip a beat. Though it doesn't deliver awesome acceleration, it will tow up to its capacity without a problem. The only thing that I don't like about the vehicle is the rear end suspension. It does not adequately dampen bumps and the rear end can get squirrelly at both low and high speeds (can be a little unnerving on the highway). Great looking vehicle. Mine is black with the sport package (all black, no chrome) and 20" wheels. I get compliments all the time about how cool my vehicle looks.

RAM 1500 Durability Problems
By J. Clark on 08/10/06 17:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new and have complied with all maintenance schedules without fail, using a Dodge dealer for all maintenance. I love the truck - when it's not broken. I've had the following failures in the first 88,000 miles - electric fuel pump, instrument cluster, rear axle seals, throttle position sensor, upper left control arm, right tie rod, front anti- sway bar bushings, and right front wheel bearing. Dealer has botched routine front end alignments, exhaust system repairs and front end repairs. Lack of durability/reliability has me looking at a sale/trade.

Perfect Vehicle for Me
By Andrew T on 08/03/06 08:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck because it gives you the ability to haul stuff and/or people. Just this past week we had visitors in town and I can honestly say it fits six adults comfortably. Two days later I used it to haul an entire kitchen worth of cabinets. The 4.7 liter engine is a good trade-off between being powerful enough and economical. A few months ago we drove 1200 miles across country in this truck, it cruises down the highway very comfortably. The truck has about 60k on it and it made the 1200 mile drive home non-stop without trouble.

You can't beat this Monster
By Matt Cannizzaro on 06/24/06 13:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck last year and have loved it since. Yes it may not be the best gas getter vechicle out there, but come on, it's a truck. It's not a sports car so don't expect it to accelerate like one. Would you buy a Corvette and tow a boat with it? If you want a truck that is all truck, this is the one for you. I have never had one problem out of it, but I change the oil every 3k miles and the air filter every 7.5k miles.

I'll never have another make of truck...
By Kruser79 on 06/05/06 11:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've made some normal hot-rodding mods to my truck. It can almost run even with a Hemi Q/C, yet now gets 19 MPG on the highway. I love this truck, and can't pry my keister out of the seat (hence the abnormally high miles on it per year). It's reliability is rock-solid, and I can easily drive twelve-hour days or more. I'm a GM convert, and will always have a DCX Ram from here on out.

I love my Dodge truck
By don white on 05/10/06 19:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love my Dodge truck! I drove my Dodge to Chevy dealers and test drove brand new trucks, but got out and back in my used Dodge truck and drove off so happy. I love all the storage, the head and foot room, the comfort and the ride. The seats fit and adjust perfect to me. I drive 35000 miles a year and wouldn't want to drive any other truck on the market. Mine is four wheel drive and I use it hard. I pull trailers to my construction jobs or race car to the track. It has never let me down. I look forward to my next Dodge truck. On the down side i have had to change one radiator hose , a power steering hose and the rack and pinyon steering unit. Total repairs were less than 600 dollars

Ouch
By alana on 05/05/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I finally got the opportunity to get a new body style when my '00 Dodge's engine was about to blow and got a decent deal on this '02 SB Quad Cab 4x4. Now, the head light switch has issues and I'm constantly "flashing" people unintentionally. Or, the parking and fog lights are constantly on. Sure I could get the $130 brand spanking new light switch. Then there's the issue of averaging 10 mpg with $3 gas, and a 30 mile commute each way daily. I will probably end up trading this truck in tonight for an Avalanche or Xterra. At least they average 16-18 mpg. Also, there is no real "frame" on this truck. There's a special towing hitch that you have to buy. I'd be scared to tow our Airstream with this.

I love my truck!
By Rob on 04/14/06 03:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Dodge truck. It is fun to drive and is extremely dependable. It always starts on the first or second crank of the ignition, and it handles like a dream. I also love it because it sits up high off the ground so a person can see extremely well. It has a short turning radius, so tight corners are not a problem. Finally, I love its overall appearance. It just looks good!