2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Excellent Truck
By RAMMAN39 on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

So far this has been a great truck. I did notice quite a bit of rear wheel play on a bumpy interstate, but I also have towing package and 20" wheels. Great handling and superior build quality. Excellent fit and finish. I have owned Chevy's 1500 4x4 last 14 years, but this Dodge changed my mind on that.

Big White Beast
By Mikeylikesit30 on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Ok, never had a Dodge product and was sorta reluctant to buy one until I saw the New Mayor. I drove a quad SLT with the sport package and then went to visit Chevy and Ford. Sorry for the bow tie guys and the Ford tough guys but this Mopar is amazing. The 4.7 could use a boost of a few horses and that big huge piece of hair under the paint on the passenger door wasn't needed but... every vehichle on the road will solicit a few complaints. I love this thing. IT ROCKS!!!

2002 DR 1500 SLT 4.7L 5spd 3.92/LSD 20s
By fastermopars on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned 2 dodge ram's previous to this one and i have to say that in many area's this truck is MUCH improved. -Ride quality is greatly improved and almost car like -the ole nv3500 5speed is AWESOME -the truck is SHARP...its arguably as good looking as my 2001 model but the 20s are simply beautiful -interior design is even more improved over previous model rams -i dont know how roy gets that this truck has any more plastic on it than a 2001 or previous model (BECAUSE IT DOESN'T)

Good solid truck
By noodle on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The new Dodge Ram 1500 truck is a very solid truck. Most trucks in it's class do not match the stock height of the Ram 1500 4 X 4. I love the interrior of this truck. A few months ago I moved and the rear cargo area of the truck came in very handy because of the extra space in the back. She steel floor is great when folded down. This creats a flat surface, this way things are level and safe. Also if the rear passengers are over 6 feet long they have plenty of leg room in the back which Chevy,GMC and Ford do not have.

OWN 2001 RAMM 150
By J VARELA on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD LB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

A SOLID TRUCK

Dodge Trucks are cheaply made
By Roy Cadow on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I can't believe how cheap all the interior plastic is inside the truck, dashboard, recline seat handles, door handles, etc. I had a 1999 and believe me this truck is made with much cheaper materials, I'm very disappointed and had I realized all this when I got the truck I wouldn't have purchased it. Also the transmission is very jerky during slow and even fast shifting, and its intermitent.

WHATATRUK!
By MG130 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I'm very impressed with all aspects of this truck. It has the best looks of any big truck out there. The 4.7L engine is an excellent compromise between power (plenty for a 1/2 ton) and fuel economy (14-15 mpg). Excellent handling; and it can stop on a dime. It rides excellent except on the bumpiest of roads (where it can get a little bouncy in the rear end.) Overall impressive.

Need more Horsepower ?
By Jack Tharp on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding Look's, feel and ride. However, in the performance of the 5.9 it's down on get-up. Matched with poor fuel economy this will be the only down fall of this truck. I was a long term GM Truck customer. I miss the power and economy of the Vortec V-8. In my opinion GM,Ford cannot compete with this Dodge look!!

not too Shabby
By forbsy on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Demo, 5,000 on it. Love it so far but will see. Bad experience with my 01 sport 5.9L.

Best Truck On The Road
By Paul Ellinwood on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck about a month, except for the mileage you can't beat this truck for looks and comfort. As you can see it's almost a 10 hands down.