2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
So Far So Good
By Dillon on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

So far so good. I only have 800 miles on this truck. The interior room out beat Ford, Toyota, Chevy, and GMC trucks. Ive owned Fords since I was a kid and finally made a switch that was well worth it. Dodge was the only one with a 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty on the engine and drive train. That made my final decision.

Ram turning heads
By BLKCLD5150 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my Ram Quad for 3 weeks and I can say without a doubt that this is the best large truck w/4 doors out there. The best thing about the Ram is that it has long time Ford/Chevy loyalists actually admitting that Dodge has hit a home run. It kills them to admit this. Everything from the engine to the standard 17" wheels gets great feedback. The 4.7 is more than enough engine.

2002 Quad Cab
By krazibass on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck, awesome look, love the 20 inch wheels. But this 4.7 liter is way underpowered and the gas mileage SUCKS..........the sticker said 14 town and 18 highway...................well something needs to be done about that, cuase IMHO its a FLAT OUT LIE............bets i could get on the highway is 15.5 MPG. But its like everything else in this world............the average man gets screwed. Besides the NOT ENOUGH POWER and FUEL ECONOMY it's a great truck. Cmon Dodge..............you have a great built truck..................but chevy has the market for better engine and fuel economy.

My new truck!
By Richie Rich on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I was searching for a family sized truck. We have a 2 yr old and another on the way (Sept). I wanted a truck, and yet a MiniVan seemed more appropriate. Being a Ford guy, I tried to make sense out of the F150 Crew Cab's short-short bed, but I can't fit the family in the SuperCab. The Ram Quad Cab was PERFECT. I love it! It's the best of both worlds.

This truck fits
By R. Winsor on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Steering – big improvement, and the manual transmission shifts nicely and has a decent set of ratios. The clutch is nice, too. The 4.7L engine is a good mate for this tranny, but it has a lower than expected toque feel at the lower rpms. No biggie, I just need to relearn the shifting and acceleration methods. Towers using this engine should try the higher ratio diff. The ride height is excellent. The shorter bed is an excellent comprimise with the rear cab space. The storage spaces are great - although the brochure is somewhat misleading - talk to your dealer. Driven 500 miles so far. Mileage: City ~15, hwy ~18 - better than EPA! It does not "feel" as large as it is.

Outstanding
By Adam2 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I owned a 97' Dodge SS/T 5.9L 360, Let me tell you, don't be affraid of the 4.7L its just as fast. The truck rides just like a car(very smooth) The interior is sweet. I have owned this truck for 2 days now and everyone I have seen wants one or are jealous.

A well spent 13,000
By flaram on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Does everything well except go. the 3.7 sounds more powerful than it si. It is a great improvement over the old 3.9. For daily driving however I don't notice the horsepower disadvantage. It more comfortable than anything else; handles and brakes well. And of course it has that distinctive look.

AWESOME!!!!
By Powerlounger on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I looked at EVERYTHING out there from Toyota to Ford, even VW's(for my wife) and this was by far the best deal out there....$16,400 for a V-8(240hp), CD player, Tilt wheel, cruise control, split rear window.......C'mon now, that's a good deal. This thing looks incredible, drives like a sports car, yet you sit high enough to see everything !!!! The ride is smooth and the road noise doesn't exist....This truck is a winner......!!!!!

outstanding extended warranty
By flyfisherguy on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I really wanted to let everybody know about dodge's outstanding extended warranty. I got the one with all the bells and whistles (best of best)The price is negotiable, by the way! we paid 1700 dollars for the 100,000mi/7yr warranty. I went on a fishing trip to New Mexico mountains, where we ran into very sharp rocky roads, i had tires with about 30,000 miles on them. The rocks were so sharp i had 5 flat tires in 2 days. In desperate need of help i called the warranty people. They found me 50 miles outside of nowhere, and towed me to get tires and did not charge me a dime! I was so impressed. got a feeling this warranty is gonna come in handy.

Best Ram yet
By Kurt Hanson on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The interior roominess is great. The new four-door configuration is a big improvement over my 99 Quad Cab. The 20" wheel package is a real eye catcher as is the bigger, bolder grill. The Sport is especially head turning.