Used 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Dodge has a problem.....................
By rwc0064

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love the design of this truck but have had numerous problems, mostly small, except for one. Other reviews of this vehicle refer to "rear end hop at highway speeds". Dodge actually has a name for it.They call it "beaming". It is an engineering flaw with the suspension. They are aware that the truck vibrates at highway speeds but have no fix for it.I have just lemon lawed mine. I went to test drive a replacement vehicle and it does the same thing as my lemon. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of the good features are not enough to overcome the fact that Dodge is not being honest to there customers.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!! DN NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE, DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. ASK THEM YOURSELF.They will tell you this only affects a small number of vehicle, bit test drive three vehicle. I will gaurentee that two of them have this problem.

A great truck at a great price
By Ben Stennett

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased a loaded Sport Ram 1500 4 door about 7 months ago and haven't regretted it in the least. The Ram gives me plenty of leg, head, and shoulder room. The interior is clean and uncluttered but full of useful storage space. This is my first Dodge but it won't be my last. The Dodge is my favorite full sized truck on the market, it is also one of the most affordable between Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. I could buy more truck for less money with a Dodge, and feel I got a superior product as well. Its heavy, safe, smooth, and dependable.

Folding storage panels under the rear split seat are extremely handy. The premium sound system (infinity) is wonderful as are the steering wheel mounted audio controls. Visibility is exceptional, large windows eliminate blind spots. Great ride, smooth handling, tight turning radius.

The only thing that I see that could use some improvement is the fuel mileage. Aside from that I think its perfect.

I Want my Chevy back!!!
By Mike I

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded a '99 Chevy 1500 X-cab LT Z71, back in March for this 02 Dodge 1500 4DR,4x4 SLT Sport. The Chevy handled better, had much more power, did not bounce all over the road when I hit a bump, and got much better gas mileage. If I had it to do all over again, I would have gone back to a Chevy. I really like the new look and 4 doors of this vehicle but thats about it. The transmission is not geared as well as my old Chevy and just doesnt feel like a truck with a 360 in it.

Interior is plush, stereo system is very nice, lots or interior space and 4 doors are a big plus. Looks great especially with the 20" rims.

Gas Mileage, Suspension, Handling, rear defogger, transmission, engine power, and I'll say it again GAS MILEAGE, get memory seats

I'm satisfied
By Baynig

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my pickup in August of 2002. The dealer had a demo with 13000 miles that had the options (Crew cab, Dark red, 4.7V8, Premium seats, aluminum wheels) that I wanted. I now have over 25000 miles on the truck. I have really enjoyed the smooth quiet ride (for a truck) and the spacious cab. I highly recommend the premium seats. The engine is adequate but could use more power especially for the amount of fuel it consumes (average 15.4 MPG). I hardly notice the transmission working. The truck feels stable and easy to maneuver. Over all I am very satisfied.

The best features are the four-door cab big but not to big and the style.

better fuel economy.

Nice Truck, BUT
By Cargolax

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck is great I love it. The only thing wrong is I get A LOT of WIND SOUND on the drivers door. I took it in to Carmax in Los ANgeles and they tell me nothing is wrong. I will try back with Frahm but if they dont fix it I will be trying a Ford in two years.

Truck looks great and is full of power

Fix my drivers door for the wind.

• SUV