Used 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

A great truck at a great price
By Ben Stennett

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased a loaded Sport Ram 1500 4 door about 7 months ago and haven't regretted it in the least. The Ram gives me plenty of leg, head, and shoulder room. The interior is clean and uncluttered but full of useful storage space. This is my first Dodge but it won't be my last. The Dodge is my favorite full sized truck on the market, it is also one of the most affordable between Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. I could buy more truck for less money with a Dodge, and feel I got a superior product as well. Its heavy, safe, smooth, and dependable.

Folding storage panels under the rear split seat are extremely handy. The premium sound system (infinity) is wonderful as are the steering wheel mounted audio controls. Visibility is exceptional, large windows eliminate blind spots. Great ride, smooth handling, tight turning radius.

The only thing that I see that could use some improvement is the fuel mileage. Aside from that I think its perfect.

I Want my Chevy back!!!
By Mike I

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded a '99 Chevy 1500 X-cab LT Z71, back in March for this 02 Dodge 1500 4DR,4x4 SLT Sport. The Chevy handled better, had much more power, did not bounce all over the road when I hit a bump, and got much better gas mileage. If I had it to do all over again, I would have gone back to a Chevy. I really like the new look and 4 doors of this vehicle but thats about it. The transmission is not geared as well as my old Chevy and just doesnt feel like a truck with a 360 in it.

Interior is plush, stereo system is very nice, lots or interior space and 4 doors are a big plus. Looks great especially with the 20" rims.

Gas Mileage, Suspension, Handling, rear defogger, transmission, engine power, and I'll say it again GAS MILEAGE, get memory seats

I'm satisfied
By Baynig

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my pickup in August of 2002. The dealer had a demo with 13000 miles that had the options (Crew cab, Dark red, 4.7V8, Premium seats, aluminum wheels) that I wanted. I now have over 25000 miles on the truck. I have really enjoyed the smooth quiet ride (for a truck) and the spacious cab. I highly recommend the premium seats. The engine is adequate but could use more power especially for the amount of fuel it consumes (average 15.4 MPG). I hardly notice the transmission working. The truck feels stable and easy to maneuver. Over all I am very satisfied.

The best features are the four-door cab big but not to big and the style.

better fuel economy.

Nice Truck, BUT
By Cargolax

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck is great I love it. The only thing wrong is I get A LOT of WIND SOUND on the drivers door. I took it in to Carmax in Los ANgeles and they tell me nothing is wrong. I will try back with Frahm but if they dont fix it I will be trying a Ford in two years.

Truck looks great and is full of power

Fix my drivers door for the wind.

Lonestar Edition
By Carl Knechtel

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Lone Star edition of the Dodge Ram Crew Cab is great. Fun to drive and makes you feel like the king of the road! Disappointment is gas mileage - only 11 to 12 in town and about 15.5 at 75mph and about 17 if you only drive no faster than 65mph. I traded in a 2001 Chevy Silverado Quad Cab 1500 for this and have not been disappointed, except for gas mileage.

20 inch wheels really set off what is already a great looking truck. The four full doors with rear windows that roll all the way down is really a plus. Posi-traction and 4 wheel disc brakes also a plus on Lone Star Edition.

Gas mileage.