2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
So Far So Good
By Dillon on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

So far so good. I only have 800 miles on this truck. The interior room out beat Ford, Toyota, Chevy, and GMC trucks. Ive owned Fords since I was a kid and finally made a switch that was well worth it. Dodge was the only one with a 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty on the engine and drive train. That made my final decision.

Ram turning heads
By BLKCLD5150 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my Ram Quad for 3 weeks and I can say without a doubt that this is the best large truck w/4 doors out there. The best thing about the Ram is that it has long time Ford/Chevy loyalists actually admitting that Dodge has hit a home run. It kills them to admit this. Everything from the engine to the standard 17" wheels gets great feedback. The 4.7 is more than enough engine.

My new truck!
By Richie Rich on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I was searching for a family sized truck. We have a 2 yr old and another on the way (Sept). I wanted a truck, and yet a MiniVan seemed more appropriate. Being a Ford guy, I tried to make sense out of the F150 Crew Cab's short-short bed, but I can't fit the family in the SuperCab. The Ram Quad Cab was PERFECT. I love it! It's the best of both worlds.

This truck fits
By R. Winsor on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Steering – big improvement, and the manual transmission shifts nicely and has a decent set of ratios. The clutch is nice, too. The 4.7L engine is a good mate for this tranny, but it has a lower than expected toque feel at the lower rpms. No biggie, I just need to relearn the shifting and acceleration methods. Towers using this engine should try the higher ratio diff. The ride height is excellent. The shorter bed is an excellent comprimise with the rear cab space. The storage spaces are great - although the brochure is somewhat misleading - talk to your dealer. Driven 500 miles so far. Mileage: City ~15, hwy ~18 - better than EPA! It does not "feel" as large as it is.

outstanding extended warranty
By flyfisherguy on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I really wanted to let everybody know about dodge's outstanding extended warranty. I got the one with all the bells and whistles (best of best)The price is negotiable, by the way! we paid 1700 dollars for the 100,000mi/7yr warranty. I went on a fishing trip to New Mexico mountains, where we ran into very sharp rocky roads, i had tires with about 30,000 miles on them. The rocks were so sharp i had 5 flat tires in 2 days. In desperate need of help i called the warranty people. They found me 50 miles outside of nowhere, and towed me to get tires and did not charge me a dime! I was so impressed. got a feeling this warranty is gonna come in handy.

Best Ram yet
By Kurt Hanson on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The interior roominess is great. The new four-door configuration is a big improvement over my 99 Quad Cab. The 20" wheel package is a real eye catcher as is the bigger, bolder grill. The Sport is especially head turning.

Excellent Truck
By RAMMAN39 on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

So far this has been a great truck. I did notice quite a bit of rear wheel play on a bumpy interstate, but I also have towing package and 20" wheels. Great handling and superior build quality. Excellent fit and finish. I have owned Chevy's 1500 4x4 last 14 years, but this Dodge changed my mind on that.

Big White Beast
By Mikeylikesit30 on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Ok, never had a Dodge product and was sorta reluctant to buy one until I saw the New Mayor. I drove a quad SLT with the sport package and then went to visit Chevy and Ford. Sorry for the bow tie guys and the Ford tough guys but this Mopar is amazing. The 4.7 could use a boost of a few horses and that big huge piece of hair under the paint on the passenger door wasn't needed but... every vehichle on the road will solicit a few complaints. I love this thing. IT ROCKS!!!

Good solid truck
By noodle on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The new Dodge Ram 1500 truck is a very solid truck. Most trucks in it's class do not match the stock height of the Ram 1500 4 X 4. I love the interrior of this truck. A few months ago I moved and the rear cargo area of the truck came in very handy because of the extra space in the back. She steel floor is great when folded down. This creats a flat surface, this way things are level and safe. Also if the rear passengers are over 6 feet long they have plenty of leg room in the back which Chevy,GMC and Ford do not have.

Need more Horsepower ?
By Jack Tharp on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding Look's, feel and ride. However, in the performance of the 5.9 it's down on get-up. Matched with poor fuel economy this will be the only down fall of this truck. I was a long term GM Truck customer. I miss the power and economy of the Vortec V-8. In my opinion GM,Ford cannot compete with this Dodge look!!