2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Dodge the Dodge
By jkwcivil on 06/30/07 21:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've read through all the previous reviews of the 2002 Dodge Ram and I was surprised to see so many average 5.0 and higher. My transmission was rebuilt at 20k miles, my dash started to seriously crack at 3-years-old (completely cracked now), the truck can't seem to find a resting idle and the dealership is scratching their heads, wondering, why didn't our first 3 recommendations fix the problem. I know what you're thinking. This guy hasn't followed the regular maintenance schedule. I have, and to the letter specified in the manual. Perhaps I drew the short straw and the new guy worked on my truck at the factory, but I'll never trust a Chrysler product again.

I love my truck!
By Rob on 04/14/06 03:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Dodge truck. It is fun to drive and is extremely dependable. It always starts on the first or second crank of the ignition, and it handles like a dream. I also love it because it sits up high off the ground so a person can see extremely well. It has a short turning radius, so tight corners are not a problem. Finally, I love its overall appearance. It just looks good!

One Awesome Dodge!!!
By Darren on 04/27/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My Dodge Ram is now three years old. I have 49,000 miles on it. The only problem I had was the AC went out, but it was under warranty. I will drive it for at least another three years.. won't trade her until she reaches 100k. This is my daily driver and gas is a pain, but what can you do? I knew the gas would be ugly when I bought it. This is my second Dodge Ram and it's been as worthy as my first.

Dodge RAM 1500 - Crow Review
By WCrow59 on 04/08/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Dodge RAM 1500 ST Short Bed pickup in Oct 2002. The truck has been nothing but exceptional. Quality is very good. Acceleration for the 4.7L V-8 allows plenty of speed on the highway. The cab is exceptionally quiet. I like the strong door pillars. The AM/FM Radio Cassette player gave out around 40,000 miles and I had to replace a resistor in the A/C fan at around 30,000 miles. Towing capacity is good for small trailers/tows using the bumper. Suspension is a bit tight...you tend to feel the bumps on the road; enough to remind you this is not your Daddy's sedan. As for looks, this baby is top- notch! Even after 2 1/2 years I get lots of looks from admiring fans.

Good pickup
By vroom01ex on 03/26/05 11:18 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

To those of you looking for a toy- keep looking. This monster is too big to be a toy, especially if your playground is the urban jungle. The truck is managable-the turning radius is good- but at the same time, the enormous mirrors (I have the trailer tow) and wide body make maneuvering in tight spaces difficult. Acceleration from the 5.9 is average at best (esp. on the highway) and gas mileage is subpar. Handling is very good,(I have the 20s), but the ride is terrible. The truck crashes over everything and will change lanes if you don't have two hands on the wheel. All in all, it's a good truck with three bagfulls of character...just know that one of those bags WILL be offensive/bad/annoying.

A great truck
By vroom01ex on 01/06/05 15:16 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My truck has been fantastic. I get tons of compliments on its appearance. It offers good performance and has been reliable thus far. The truck handles far better than one would expect from a vehicle that large. The ride isn't the best, though: you'll get thrown around a fair amount over bad pavement. Other than that, it's been fantastic.

Free Gremlin with Truck Purchase
By DodgeThisTruck on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Pros - Looks good, comfortable ride. It pulls our 20 foot boat just fine (getting from 45 to 65 takes ~1/4 mile). Cons- 14-15 mpg when driving responsibly. 10-11 when pulling our boat. Dodge threw an electrical gremlin in with the deal. It is currently at the dealer for the second time for electrical work. The horn, windshield washer, wipers, and lights activate themselves with or without the truck running (all controls in the off position & I have no alarm system). I am sure this provides amusement for onlookers. But imagine driving behind someone them your horn starts blaring for no reason. It is an incredible obnoxious problem. That truck has

02 Ram
By spike1961 on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This Truck has been truoble free, Fuel mileage averages 19.2 in town and 24.1 on the highway it is equiped with a 3.7 V6 it has more power than thhe f150 302fi that I traded in on it. With the 35 gallon fuel tank the range on this truck is impressive I would buy another one tomorrow if it were needed. The Boys in the White Hats are Back!!

New Dodge
By Bryan Koestner on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

this was the best truck i have ever purchased. i have owned ford up till now and will never go back.. the truck will tow anything i have behind it with only a 3.7 and the truck handles like a dream. wouldnt drive anything else.

throttle response and handling
By mayhem300 on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 2 door model with the 4.7L V8 for the sole purpose to get from point a to point b.If you compare the hp rating to that of the 5.3L cheverolet you will be disapointed in dodge. But line the two up at your local red light and the dodge really surpises you. Its handling is that not of a truck. I'll drive it till the wheels fall off and buy another one in its place.