Used 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Great truck - second owned ...
By Kelly

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 of the 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST trucks and loved them both - zero issues outside the normal maintenance on both - no complaints and find the truck reliable, fun, comfortable, and an overall fantastic truck. I've tried Fords in the past and find this a much better truck myself. Gas mileage is about 15 average, but I'm ok with that with a powerful V8 and expected. I love the truck and feel you won't be disappointed.

5.9 4x4 Sport
By Jay jonson

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has such a great look. It's a shame people beat these trucks up. Trucks today are really too nice abuse. No wonder so many people complain. But this model Ram is one nice truck and holds up well if you take care of it. Simply love it.

Good truck but with flaws
By Josh

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD LB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it brand new and now paid for but the gas mileage is about 16MPG. The dash has cracks all over it after only 5 years. It was realy upsetting that they couldn't have foreseen that. The AC did go out after 5 years too. Just when the warranty was out. I have done all maintenance and there have been no other issues. I haven't even changed the break pads. Overall it's been good but Nissan and Toyota seem to be better these days.

Exterior to me has always been great and I like how the console is big and there is some good room behind the seat. Chevy is sorry when it comes to inside space.

Better interior componets and better fuel economy.

Anybody need a good truck?
By MG

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

In the first 10K miles: transmission failure, drive shaft out of balance, bad brake rotors. The 4.7 is underpowered, a gas hog, the ride is rough. So, it sits in the garage a lot, only 40K miles. Looks like brand new. Oh, and my 2003 Town and Country is worse. Any wonder that the US car companies are in trouble?

Never lets me down
By tonybro70

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this truck 18 months ago at a Dodge dealership as a local trade in. I got it off the back lot before they were able to detail it and hide anything. The 5.9L 360 V8 is very powerful and reliable. I hardly ever lift the hood (just for oil changes). It has an after market Imco dual exhaust and sounds mean. K & N filter. 4x4 works great. Truck handles great in corners even though it has 35" tires. Drives smooth on the highway at high speeds. Fuel economy is decent (15-18) and I don't do any city driving. It'll haul a car on a trailer without any effort. The hard tonneau cover I put on it looks good. I really dig the interior too, heated leather!

The interior is the best part of this truck. Heated leather seats, wood trim, awesome after market sound. (Bumps with the best). Great storage behind the seats, nice carpet (all black), on board computer is helpful. Drives like a luxury car. The exterior design beats Fords and Chevys

You can't ask for better fuel economy in a full size truck, but if you could. I've had no problems with mine but my brother in law has a 2001 with the same engine and had to replace his transmission at 120K. That scared me a little, so I'm watching for bad signs. Nothing to note yet.