2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
2002 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab 2wd 4.7
By pseals on 03/26/13 11:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of my Dodge ram and have owned it for five years. It has the 4.7 liter v8 backed by the 5 speed manual transmission at 140k now. I average 20-21 hwy and 15 in the city. I have the 17 inch stock tires and its 2wd and I follow the maintainance to the book. It pulls our 18 ft travel trailer great at a weight of 3450 lbs loaded and hauling a family of five. I will probably die with this truck as it is very reliable and comfortable and they no longer offer five speed manual transmission which is the best for towing. The dash is simple and the knobs are big and easy to see and read. I also love all the storage under the seats and the flip out shelf in the back. Happy cust.

My first Truck Dodge Ram
By doppel_110 on 01/11/13 17:13 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I still own my dodge ram since 2004, bought it from a salvage dealer main reason it's a salvage title because it auto thief. It had 26k miles and right now has 99k miles and no mechanical problems at all. Recently I only drive it on the weekends and use to work only. But it was my daily truck in my college years and cruise around town. It does have poor mpg I average 11 city and 13 hwy with combine 12 mpg mixed driving. I personally like the 3rd generation design 2002-2009, don't like the new design it resemble to much of Toyota tundra not that I don't like it but it just look alike. I'll try not to sell it no matter how high gas prices is. Is going to be classic soon.

Tank Ram
By doppel_2004 on 06/02/12 19:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Been driving this truck for 8 years and still do. It was my first car when I graduate from high school in 2004. My dad bought it from a salvage lot. The only reason it was there cause it was a stolen had the seats, wheels, and stereos. Everything else was there. I love how big it is and with 4.7 V8 love how it sounds. It just has 95,000 miles, mostly from my college days and I now use it for work which is less then 12 miles where I live. So far no mechanical problems. Overall I like this truck and will keep it until I grow old.

Reliable truck sorry service
By HVB on 07/25/09 21:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Almost immediately after the initial 3/36 warranty the dash cracked in 6 pieces. No problem since I purchased the 10 year/100K warranty. When I took the truck in I was told the dash is not covered since “trim” is not covered. (I don’t feel the entire dash is “trim”). I was also told by the service manager that this is a problem they have never seen before, but they would “see what they could do to help”. The “help” turned out to be replace the dash at $600 each for the two parts! So I contacted Dodge directly and asked what could be done. Next I googled “Dodge truck dash cracks” and discovered this is a widespread problem. The Dodge rep never called back after he promised to.My last Dodge.

Will dodge Dodge now
By HVB on 07/25/09 21:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Almost immediately after the initial 3/36 warranty was up the dash cracked. I’m not talking a small crack the dash looks like a mine field and is actually now in about 6 pieces. No problem since I purchased the 10 year/100K warranty. When I took the truck in I was told the dash is not covered since “trim” is not covered. (I don’t feel the entire dash is “trim”). I was also told by the service manager that this is a problem they have never seen before, but they would “see what they could do to help”. The “help” turned out to be replace the dash with me paying for the parts at $600 each for the two parts! So I contacted Dodge and asked what could be done I googled “Dodge truck dash cracks”

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7
By daveg7 on 03/10/08 21:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

It drives very nice and is comfortable. Very room inside. Gas mileage a litte lower than hoped for. Installed a cold air intake and noticed a difference in power and gas mileage has increased 1-2 miles per gallon. Overall very happy with truck.

No Complaints after 5 years
By Texas Navy on 03/09/07 06:34 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought when it first hit the lot. Had some problems with the speed sensor, but fixed. Still get 15+ MPG in city and 18-19 hwy. Replaced front and rear bumpers like all good Texans. Now it is a tank. Have had nothing but compliments on its looks and ride from friends and family. Hauled may loads of hay in Texas heat with no problems. Tows like there is nothing behind it. Could get better MPG but as said before it is a truck and one that even Tim Allen would be proud of.

The Perfect Full Size Truck
By silentscope on 10/02/06 23:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. I have had no problems whatsoever. This is the ideal truck to have because of the amount of storage space in the cab.

If it got 30MPG I'd never buy another car
By GO PSU on 09/11/06 23:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Was hesitant to purchase vehicle in June of 2006 with 123K on odometer. However, I have driven it like it was new (trailering and offroading) and it doesn't skip a beat. Though it doesn't deliver awesome acceleration, it will tow up to its capacity without a problem. The only thing that I don't like about the vehicle is the rear end suspension. It does not adequately dampen bumps and the rear end can get squirrelly at both low and high speeds (can be a little unnerving on the highway). Great looking vehicle. Mine is black with the sport package (all black, no chrome) and 20" wheels. I get compliments all the time about how cool my vehicle looks.

Perfect Vehicle for Me
By Andrew T on 08/03/06 08:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck because it gives you the ability to haul stuff and/or people. Just this past week we had visitors in town and I can honestly say it fits six adults comfortably. Two days later I used it to haul an entire kitchen worth of cabinets. The 4.7 liter engine is a good trade-off between being powerful enough and economical. A few months ago we drove 1200 miles across country in this truck, it cruises down the highway very comfortably. The truck has about 60k on it and it made the 1200 mile drive home non-stop without trouble.