Used 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2002 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab 2wd 4.7
By pseals

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of my Dodge ram and have owned it for five years. It has the 4.7 liter v8 backed by the 5 speed manual transmission at 140k now. I average 20-21 hwy and 15 in the city. I have the 17 inch stock tires and its 2wd and I follow the maintainance to the book. It pulls our 18 ft travel trailer great at a weight of 3450 lbs loaded and hauling a family of five. I will probably die with this truck as it is very reliable and comfortable and they no longer offer five speed manual transmission which is the best for towing. The dash is simple and the knobs are big and easy to see and read. I also love all the storage under the seats and the flip out shelf in the back. Happy cust.

My first Truck Dodge Ram
By doppel_110

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I still own my dodge ram since 2004, bought it from a salvage dealer main reason it's a salvage title because it auto thief. It had 26k miles and right now has 99k miles and no mechanical problems at all. Recently I only drive it on the weekends and use to work only. But it was my daily truck in my college years and cruise around town. It does have poor mpg I average 11 city and 13 hwy with combine 12 mpg mixed driving. I personally like the 3rd generation design 2002-2009, don't like the new design it resemble to much of Toyota tundra not that I don't like it but it just look alike. I'll try not to sell it no matter how high gas prices is. Is going to be classic soon.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, the front grille has a mean look and my truck is lifted like a 2 inch higher then average trucks.

Suggested Improvements

Should of use a better material for the dashboard it has all cracks and falling pieces. Very low gas mileage probably because the smaller 4.7 V8.

Tank Ram
By doppel_2004

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Been driving this truck for 8 years and still do. It was my first car when I graduate from high school in 2004. My dad bought it from a salvage lot. The only reason it was there cause it was a stolen had the seats, wheels, and stereos. Everything else was there. I love how big it is and with 4.7 V8 love how it sounds. It just has 95,000 miles, mostly from my college days and I now use it for work which is less then 12 miles where I live. So far no mechanical problems. Overall I like this truck and will keep it until I grow old.

Favorite Features

Nothing in this truck from stocks as I upgraded the radio with dvd and put on bigger tires size 275 55 R20.

Suggested Improvements

The AC system had let me down for like 4 times maybe cause where I live in Texas the heat is over 110 degrees! Also very bad gas mileage lowest I ever had was 10mpg! Average is 11.5 mpg. Also the dashboard already having crack consider is just 10 years old.

Reliable truck sorry service
By HVB

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Almost immediately after the initial 3/36 warranty the dash cracked in 6 pieces. No problem since I purchased the 10 year/100K warranty. When I took the truck in I was told the dash is not covered since “trim” is not covered. (I don’t feel the entire dash is “trim”). I was also told by the service manager that this is a problem they have never seen before, but they would “see what they could do to help”. The “help” turned out to be replace the dash at $600 each for the two parts! So I contacted Dodge directly and asked what could be done. Next I googled “Dodge truck dash cracks” and discovered this is a widespread problem. The Dodge rep never called back after he promised to.My last Dodge.

Favorite Features

Room, good looks, reliability comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Admit design flaws and improve customer service.(call back when you promise to).Rudeness and years of runaround is all I have gotten from Dodge five star “service” even after I used the dealer for all maintenance.

Will dodge Dodge now
By HVB

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Almost immediately after the initial 3/36 warranty was up the dash cracked. I’m not talking a small crack the dash looks like a mine field and is actually now in about 6 pieces. No problem since I purchased the 10 year/100K warranty. When I took the truck in I was told the dash is not covered since “trim” is not covered. (I don’t feel the entire dash is “trim”). I was also told by the service manager that this is a problem they have never seen before, but they would “see what they could do to help”. The “help” turned out to be replace the dash with me paying for the parts at $600 each for the two parts! So I contacted Dodge and asked what could be done I googled “Dodge truck dash cracks”

Favorite Features

Good looks, lots of space. decent reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Fix/acknowledge the design flaws and improve the poor customer service (at least call the customer back when you promise to)