Used 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 242 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Great truck - second owned ...
By Kelly

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 of the 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST trucks and loved them both - zero issues outside the normal maintenance on both - no complaints and find the truck reliable, fun, comfortable, and an overall fantastic truck. I've tried Fords in the past and find this a much better truck myself. Gas mileage is about 15 average, but I'm ok with that with a powerful V8 and expected. I love the truck and feel you won't be disappointed.

5.9 4x4 Sport
By Jay jonson

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has such a great look. It's a shame people beat these trucks up. Trucks today are really too nice abuse. No wonder so many people complain. But this model Ram is one nice truck and holds up well if you take care of it. Simply love it.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 4.7 v8
By C. Horne

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for 6 years now and still love it. The places I have gone in it off road have been amazing and I have yet to get stuck in any conditions (been close but never stuck). The only time I have had to put her in the shop where due to my abuse and there has been a great deal of it. When I first got the truck it was hard to find good off roading tires for the 20in rim but now days I can find them every where. I will be driving this truck until the wheels fall off and then I might just ductape them back on for another few hundred miles.

2002 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab 2wd 4.7
By pseals

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of my Dodge ram and have owned it for five years. It has the 4.7 liter v8 backed by the 5 speed manual transmission at 140k now. I average 20-21 hwy and 15 in the city. I have the 17 inch stock tires and its 2wd and I follow the maintainance to the book. It pulls our 18 ft travel trailer great at a weight of 3450 lbs loaded and hauling a family of five. I will probably die with this truck as it is very reliable and comfortable and they no longer offer five speed manual transmission which is the best for towing. The dash is simple and the knobs are big and easy to see and read. I also love all the storage under the seats and the flip out shelf in the back. Happy cust.

My first Truck Dodge Ram
By doppel_110

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I still own my dodge ram since 2004, bought it from a salvage dealer main reason it's a salvage title because it auto thief. It had 26k miles and right now has 99k miles and no mechanical problems at all. Recently I only drive it on the weekends and use to work only. But it was my daily truck in my college years and cruise around town. It does have poor mpg I average 11 city and 13 hwy with combine 12 mpg mixed driving. I personally like the 3rd generation design 2002-2009, don't like the new design it resemble to much of Toyota tundra not that I don't like it but it just look alike. I'll try not to sell it no matter how high gas prices is. Is going to be classic soon.

Leather seats, the front grille has a mean look and my truck is lifted like a 2 inch higher then average trucks.

Should of use a better material for the dashboard it has all cracks and falling pieces. Very low gas mileage probably because the smaller 4.7 V8.