I'd rather walk!
By Redtek on
2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)
This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. It gets worse fuel mileage than my 81 Chevy 4x4 with 4.10 gears and a carb! So much for 20 years of progress. The 5.2 motor is so gutless, overdrive is useless. This truck has 45000 miles on it and I have replaced the oil pump TWICE! The transmission has never shifted right, and four different Dodge dealers have been unable to find the problem. It backfires through the intake for no reason any dealer can find, and both top ball joints have gone bad. As soon as I can trade this sucker in and not risk financial ruin, it will be gone. If someone gave me a choice between another Dodge Ram and a blind mule, I would take the blind mule.
Favorite Features
The interior is comfortable on long trips, assuming you can afford the gas to go on a long trip.
Suggested Improvements
An oil pump that pumps oil, an engine with more torque than some lugnuts require, ball joints that last more than 40,000 miles, a transmission that shifts gears, an intake that doesn't backfire, and a fuel system that gets reasonable mileage.