2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Could it be WHERE it's built?

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

ST Quad Cab (5.2L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.4 ft. Bed)

Could it be WHERE it's built?
By COLORADOROCKY on

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have experienced some of the complaints, but drive it so little that I have not really had time to give a "lemon" evaluation. I "think" the tranny may have some problems, the blower on the AC/Htr seems to whir oddly, and the pulling many of us notice was brushed aside as, .."most of them do"(by dealer service dept) As opinions seem split...I would bet it has to do with with whether the vehicle was built in MICH or the other factory (where mine was built). I have had Dodge trucks since 1981...this may be the last, although I may consider a 2500 (why does it have a 9-PLUS rating?). Am going to check it out right now!

Good visibility, ergonomics.."seems" rugged although I do not use it in the ATV sense at all. That's why the sense of some shimmying is bothersome when I only use it on highways.

Based on seeing the same symptoms of pulling (the tires even seem to toe- in) and tranny rumblings...Chrysler ought to figure out why the 1/2T is bad and the 3/4 T is not (is it where they are assembled?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review