2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 5.2L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 8.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - a REAL truck!

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

a REAL truck!
By Cool Hand on

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned my Ram for over 2 years now with no complaints! I bought this truck to use and abuse, and still have it look nice. It has plenty of power with the 5.9l engine. Great 4x4 lock up with the floor shifter. (I don't trust any 'push-button' 4-wheel drive system) SLT package is nice and not over-priced. It was nice while ordering it as the SLT package is the basic frills. Anything else you wanted you could add on. Great saftey features and roomy interior designed wonderfully! Tons of clearance for those back wood roads too.

Favorite Features

The floor shift 4x4 system is priceless. Tons of room for a regular cab truck. Plenty of power for towing almost anything. A great vehicle for doing what a truck was made to do.

Suggested Improvements

Extended trips prove to take a toll on my lower back. Lubar supports would be great. Gas mileage could be improved, but it's tolerable. Customer service could be a lot better, as 2 recalls have taken more phone time than actual labor on the vehicle.