2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Love my Dodge OffRoad
By Greg on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

It gets me where I want to go and no mechanical problems in going on 3 yrs.

needs brakes, oil pump,clockspring, nois
By robin west on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have previously owned 3 ford trucks. Out of all 3, none has had any major work before 120,000 miles. And then did I mess up and buy a dodge. It is not comfortable, it has a continuous noise in the steering, I have replaced a clockspring under warrenty, went Christmas shopping and suddenly needed a oil pump, I have my dodge serviced on a regular basis. I bought the dodge for its looks. Looks can be decieving!!!!!!

off road don't try it!!!!!!!
By ericbu24 on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I just traded my 2001 off road ram in for a chevy. I had the worst exp. with the dealership. It was in the shop about 15 times for the same thing. One time they had to rip out the dashboard and when they put it back together the cup holder would not fold out. I will never buy a nother dodge for as long as I live.

GREAT TRUCK
By TODDM on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

In the past I would drive a vehicle for 2-3 years, get sick of it and move on to a new one. I'm going to keep my Dodge Ram for as long as it keeps running!!

Nothing but RAM from here on....
By CodyG on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I'm in a tough business. Oilfield. I put about 40,000 miles on a truck each year. I've tried every thing...Ford, Chevy, imports. Used to be a born again Chevy man. But Chevy has really sucked the last few years so I switched. I'll never look back. Dodge has really turned out an excellent product. This truck stomps any GM I ever had. I have 65,000 on it now and still is tight. Most of that is rough dirt and lease roads. This thing is a TANK.

Tis' a good truck, try it!!!! I like it
By Michael Brangham on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

For the price of my doge as compared to a ford, I am verry happy with the performance and comfort, just remember, as with all vehicals you might get a lemon, it happens with all makes (ford gmc... ect...) it is your job to make sure its is not before you buy. Dodge Ram is a nice truck and the 5.9l has bucoo's of power and torqe. A+++++++

I'll not buy another Ford or Chevy!
By Rough Boy on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Not in a million years would I have guessed my Dodge Ram 1500 would be such a pleasure to own and drive.

Dodge is leading the pack now
By RamRocker on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

For the first 15 years in this business I wouldn't even consider anything but a Chevy. But for the past few years GM keeps raising prices and dropping quality. So I bought a RAM on a whim. Excellent truck. The only problem I had was tranny blew at 15,000 miles. Dodge replaced it and now I have 62,000 miles with no problems at all. I added an aux trans cooler for insurance. But this new trans has almost 50,000 miles pulling loads from 1,000 - 5,000 lbs everyday. Many times in 4WD. This truck is everybit as dependable as any Chevy I ever had. But it cost a lot less.

best truck/worst gas mileage
By daryl on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck after owning a Chevy 4x4 extended cab with the 5.7 engine. I absolutely love this Dodge but hate the fact that it gets worse fuel mileage than my 92 Chevy 4x4 got. The only other complaint is that if I don't use at least 89 octane fuel it knocks like a bunch of bolts in a coffee can.

My First Truck
By DJ Sully on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this truck just over a year now. So far I have little to complain about. I have not had it in for any service. The only thing I have had to go to the dealer for is a broken overhead-sunglass holder. The ride is great (for a truck), solid feel. The quad cab is great! I have 3 kids and the truck will carry my entire family. with the 3 kids in back. It also has plenty of room to carry stuff in cab. I increased gas mileage about 35 miles a tank full by getting toneau cover. My only complaint, I wish I got 4-wheel drive, winter traction not the greatest.