2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Truck of Atlas
By atlas on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Basically I have had no problems with this truck, I wish the gas milage were better. I had a 1996 Ram 2 door short bed and had a lot of problems with the steering column, but none with this truck. I find this to be comfortable and good looking

Solid Truck, Poor Gas Mileage
By JT the Iceman on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Doesn't seem as solid as a Chevy or GMC, but a nice truck nonetheless. Minor steering column glitch with the airbag and the overhead sunglass holder are the only problems in 2+ years.

Experience says
By Ram-Rocker on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

The first review I wrote about this RAM was pretty positive. But now I've had the truck 2 years and 80,000 miles. I just had to do another major transmission reowrk. The torque converter failed. After this round I seriously doubt I would ever consider another Dodge. The 46RE transmission is not only JUNK but there should be a class action suite against Dodge. This is the sorriest excuse for a transmission I've encountered in 25 years of driving.

Dodge trucks are great, dealerships suck
By Mario Andretti on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have 1500 with a 360. Pretty peppy, but I made some modifications. All around, it's a great truck. Roomy with driving comfort. It rides better then most cars. Owned a Dodge truck since 1998... never had a problem. Change the tranny oil every 20,000 miles and it seems to be fine.

Fix the tranny
By Dodge in CO on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Love the truck. It has some nagging flaws. Had Aamco do 30k mi. trans service (4-spd auto), and brass filings were in the pan. The manager said it was the second worst tranny on the road. Had to replace both towing mirrors by 28k miles. Have 46k now and new ones good so far. Love the roominess, but at 6'5" I need more headroom. Don't like the flexing noise in the quad cab doors on bumpy roads. Has lots of power, but not as much as a 360 should have. Chevy 350 seems stronger. Tows 100 hay bales on BP trailer with brake controller fine. BC should be standard with tow package. I like the solid front axle instead of independent suspension.

how can u bash dodge?
By jeffsdodge on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

ok, i used to hate dodge not ever owning one just because all of my friends bashed them.(even though theyve never owned one) but this has been used almost 12 years constantly with 22,000 miles on it and have not had 1 problem. not 1 repair. yet my friends ford F-250 being such an awesome truck as he would say has CONSTANTLY been broken just recently having $1,200 in repair. Only 1 year, 1 month into the purchase. This is an awesome truck and for the people that complain about gas mileage...BUY A HONDA!! of course a V-8 truck will be low on gas mileage!

Great Truck
By Toby Ingram on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This truck was bought to replace a 1987 Dodge Dakota with 260000+ miles. It has been a great vehicle and is a pleasure to drive. I have had no problems with it at all. This is one of 7 Rams from 1996 to 2003 models in my family and all the rest have been very reliable with no problems.

Texaco ram
By haulin on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Terrible gas milage. Until I started useing texaco mid grade(same on super) 16MPG avg.Tows my 31 ft camper great 10 MPG in maine.We had 22 inchs of snow the roads we not plowed. I drove to work no problem.my only complaint tranny noise @5,000 miles. I took it to the dealer they said its normal they need to fix the problem.Just because most trucks do it dosen't make it normal.Dealers need to care more about customers. All dealers Gm Ford ect.

excllent truck
By mark poirier on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

the off road 1500 ram has been really great for me

Love my Dodge, Hate the gas guzzlin'
By Dodge-Driver on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

10MPG in the winter is the ONLY flaw with this truck. Power, comfort, ground clearance, looks it's all there- -it just guzzles gas. Want economy? Put a Toyota Prius in the back! Oh yea . . . big tires like this wear out in 30K miles. Pay the money, drive the truck. Look DOWN on Ford and Chevy trucks.