2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
does what it is needed to.
By al b on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

My dodge ram truck has been a very reliable vehicle to date. It pulls and hauls anything i need it to. allthough the gas mileage is less than great,it is an all around good reilable truck.

Fit to Customize
By John La Bare on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

When I purchased my Ram 1500ST in Aug of 2001 it looked like any other truck made for fleet sale, plain. But I have to say, that if you are looking for a truck that is rarely customized the pre- 2002 Dodge Rams are the way to go! After a lift kit, wheels, sound system, and various other parts. I now have a one-of-a-kind truck, a real head turner! Just make sure you have the budget for a gas guzzler (about $49/wk)

Ram With Purpose
By alfordjman on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

At 43000 miles the only things I've had to do with my truck,have been routine maintenance items.Oil changes every 4000 miles,new tires at 38000,and now new brakes at 43000.I have a family of five and it transports us comfortably when we all need to go somewhere.I've never once had to worry about it starting and/or leaving me stranded.By far it has been my best truck yet!

i wanted to love this truck, BUT........
By delia-wonder on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

truck has had over $7,000 warranty work...poor build at the factory?? who knows...has been out of commission over 55 days during 4-yr lease. i dream of the day i trade this truck in!! i wanted to love this big bad-assed truck - we put dual exhaust, awesome sound system, color matched spray in bed liner, huge tires, etc. but the gist is: this truck sucks. dodge dealerships suck more - never once were we treated with dignity & we went to 3 different locations praying for good repair work.

Ram 1500
By airman007 on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck, already my second Ram purchase will buy again

RAM
By daves on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

There's a noise when idling that couldn't be found. The front end seems to move when the brakes are applied/and also accelorating.

Short bed experience
By JDW on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have always owned Chevy trucks.In shopping this new one Chevy/Ford could not come close in price for the same type truck considering options.The short bed 4WD has a choppy ride(also due to off road package) but I sacrifice that for the ability to turn around and park in parking lots.It also helps while snow plowing. This 5.9L auto/w tow package has been very reliable. Plenty of low end power and decent gas milage. 18,000 miles so far so good.

luv my truck
By wayne dockery on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Excellent trailer towing and load handling.I have overloaded mine mine on many occations,with no problems stoping or controling the load!

dodge quad cab
By baud58 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

the only problem we have had was the rearend went out at about 18000 miles. the only other dislike i have is the poor mileage. at 35000 miles i get about 14 mpg. thats better than at first 11mpg.

1500 Hemi 4x4
By Ted More on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Best truck I've ever owned.