2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Dodge trucks are great, dealerships suck
By Mario Andretti on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have 1500 with a 360. Pretty peppy, but I made some modifications. All around, it's a great truck. Roomy with driving comfort. It rides better then most cars. Owned a Dodge truck since 1998... never had a problem. Change the tranny oil every 20,000 miles and it seems to be fine.

Fix the tranny
By Dodge in CO on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Love the truck. It has some nagging flaws. Had Aamco do 30k mi. trans service (4-spd auto), and brass filings were in the pan. The manager said it was the second worst tranny on the road. Had to replace both towing mirrors by 28k miles. Have 46k now and new ones good so far. Love the roominess, but at 6'5" I need more headroom. Don't like the flexing noise in the quad cab doors on bumpy roads. Has lots of power, but not as much as a 360 should have. Chevy 350 seems stronger. Tows 100 hay bales on BP trailer with brake controller fine. BC should be standard with tow package. I like the solid front axle instead of independent suspension.

how can u bash dodge?
By jeffsdodge on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

ok, i used to hate dodge not ever owning one just because all of my friends bashed them.(even though theyve never owned one) but this has been used almost 12 years constantly with 22,000 miles on it and have not had 1 problem. not 1 repair. yet my friends ford F-250 being such an awesome truck as he would say has CONSTANTLY been broken just recently having $1,200 in repair. Only 1 year, 1 month into the purchase. This is an awesome truck and for the people that complain about gas mileage...BUY A HONDA!! of course a V-8 truck will be low on gas mileage!

Great Truck
By Toby Ingram on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This truck was bought to replace a 1987 Dodge Dakota with 260000+ miles. It has been a great vehicle and is a pleasure to drive. I have had no problems with it at all. This is one of 7 Rams from 1996 to 2003 models in my family and all the rest have been very reliable with no problems.

Texaco ram
By haulin on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Terrible gas milage. Until I started useing texaco mid grade(same on super) 16MPG avg.Tows my 31 ft camper great 10 MPG in maine.We had 22 inchs of snow the roads we not plowed. I drove to work no problem.my only complaint tranny noise @5,000 miles. I took it to the dealer they said its normal they need to fix the problem.Just because most trucks do it dosen't make it normal.Dealers need to care more about customers. All dealers Gm Ford ect.

Love my Dodge, Hate the gas guzzlin'
By Dodge-Driver on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

10MPG in the winter is the ONLY flaw with this truck. Power, comfort, ground clearance, looks it's all there- -it just guzzles gas. Want economy? Put a Toyota Prius in the back! Oh yea . . . big tires like this wear out in 30K miles. Pay the money, drive the truck. Look DOWN on Ford and Chevy trucks.

Love my Dodge OffRoad
By Greg on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

It gets me where I want to go and no mechanical problems in going on 3 yrs.

needs brakes, oil pump,clockspring, nois
By robin west on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have previously owned 3 ford trucks. Out of all 3, none has had any major work before 120,000 miles. And then did I mess up and buy a dodge. It is not comfortable, it has a continuous noise in the steering, I have replaced a clockspring under warrenty, went Christmas shopping and suddenly needed a oil pump, I have my dodge serviced on a regular basis. I bought the dodge for its looks. Looks can be decieving!!!!!!

GREAT TRUCK
By TODDM on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

In the past I would drive a vehicle for 2-3 years, get sick of it and move on to a new one. I'm going to keep my Dodge Ram for as long as it keeps running!!

Nothing but RAM from here on....
By CodyG on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I'm in a tough business. Oilfield. I put about 40,000 miles on a truck each year. I've tried every thing...Ford, Chevy, imports. Used to be a born again Chevy man. But Chevy has really sucked the last few years so I switched. I'll never look back. Dodge has really turned out an excellent product. This truck stomps any GM I ever had. I have 65,000 on it now and still is tight. Most of that is rough dirt and lease roads. This thing is a TANK.