2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Ram sport
By phil on 01/30/05 09:13 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Very happy with this truck. The ride and handling are great. The styling is excellent (better than the new ones). Overall size and function are just what I wanted. Not impressed by the gas mileage, but it is as good as Ford or Chevy at least. It seems well put together, no squeaks or rattles. Nothing falling off, no minor glitches. I had a 1997 just like this one and it was also fun to drive, trouble free and gave me no reason not to buy this one, I only switched to get one with lower miles and the newer sport styling

ONe Great Truck
By GotWood on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a work horse from day one. I have not been easy on this truck in the slightest, and it just keeps begging for more. I will definately be purchasing another one if this one ever slows down, but untill then, she has been the best truck I have ever owned!!!!

Will trade for good car
By cristg on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Have fought to get 18mpg on the highway. Had the truck for 25000 miles before the ECU was programmed correctly. Before that the mileage was 16mpg highway. Dodge service is awful in every shop I've been to.

So, is this the new bluesmoblile or what
By Dashco on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Sharp looking truck with the sport option. The grill that is the same color as the truck. Love the room in the front seats. I'm satisified with truck and service at dealer.

Good buy
By shirb on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Overall style is great and when the truck is clean, it gets all kinds of comments, not bad for a out of date body style. Seems to have a high step in for half ton two wheel drive, higher than old 88 3/4 ton chevy 4x4. Love the extended cab, will never go back to regular cab. Car seats works great in the middle of back seat and allows for easy reach to the little one. So far, its been mostly trouble free driving, change the oil, add gas, gas, gas... 5.2 needs to be able to breath more than it does, feels a little on the weak side for the weight of the truck. Maybe that would help with the gas milage. But it is a truck after all.

Looks good but I think I have a lemon
By dkidd on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

The truck ran good until I hit the 28,000 mile mark where I started to run into engine problems. Looking on www.alldata.com, a internet resource that shows common errors with all makes and models, I found the symptoms I was experiencing. The dealership updated my computer and repaired a couple things. Since then I have been bringing it back just about every month. The lastest trouble was when I was running at 60 and the truck just cut out. The truck only has 34,000 milies on it what kind of build quality is that?

Great truck
By wampus cat on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

No problems. Great truck. Comfortable on long trips. Not much room in back seat,adults would be a little cramped.

I love it, but beware!
By JIMMYRP on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the Dodge 1500 Ram SLT Laramie in March 01. No problems until this year Feb 04, with 1 month left to go on the waranty and 28500 miles the trans began to slip. The truck was tied up for two weeks at the dealer before they finally agreed to repair it. The front tires wear on the outside even though i rotate every 3000 miles and had the front end adjusted at 12000 and 20000 miles. The front wheel bearings will be next I guess.

Big and Fast
By I like big trucks on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have the extended cab 5.9L SPORT, I LOVE IT! Itty bitty girl, in a big truck, but hey, it works. I have yet to lose a race =). Flowmasters are a definate must b/c Dodges have a distinct low rumble... yummy. Very roomy in the interior and under the hood, I love working on it. Lacks in rear seat space, pulls to the right, and I have a squeeking noise coming from the front, I just turn up the radio though. Fast for a big heavy truck, and so many extras to put on it. Only thing I hate is the gas mileage. I average 13 mpg. I'm sure racing doesn't help that either though...

good sofar
By ramifications on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have 34000 miles on my 4by4 slt with the 5.9 in it.Most impressed by its offroad prowess.I remember the first winter i had it.It snowed 17 inches in 1 day,and on a small residential road leading to a recreation area,only half was plowed.The other half had a good 2 ft of snow.Anyways,i drove right thru the 2 ft of snow like a hot knife thru butter.No problems to date.One minor irritation.It has a slight pull to the right.Could be a design flaw,as numerous accounts of this occurance,and no remedy that i know of.