Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

is this what a dodge is?
By Dodge?

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

my wife loved the looks and sound, but I found the 5.2l underpowered and the trans a joke. one of the most comfortable trucks on the road, but it labored badly with just my 16 ft boat at 60mph. my 02 Chevy doesn't know it's there with the 4.8l

comfort looks sound

more power for mpgs if it gets 15 mpg empty I want 0-60 in 6.8 sec not 9.8 trans durability two failures in 30,000 mi.

very nice
By dodge man

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

i love this truck...it's very nice..it catches a lot of attention with its sport and off road packages and its sound...i wash it 2 times a month and still don't let people eat in it...i will be getting the 2009 dodge ram when it comes out, i will ALWAYS buy dodges (i hate chevy and toyota) even if they go out of business. has a lot more power then the 2003 toyota tundra...love this truck

big motor, rims,comfort in front seats, sound, and style

better fuel economy and bigger quad cab

Tough Truck
By dodge dude

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck. This one of the best truck I have ever seen, I put around 55000 on the truck since I bought it and I drive it really hard and not one problem. Replaced the water pump when it leaked. I can haul 2000 pounds of stuff in the back and the truck pulls great. I have the Off- Road Pac, and the truck will out drive any but the most lifted of chevys and ford which usually get broke down anyways. My only problem is the gas mileage with the 5.9 and 4.10 gears is awful. I am luck to get 14 on the highway but then I don't have to pay to keep the truck running other than that.

Interior is comfortable, Exterior is awesome and the 4x4 is one of the best.

Gas mileage. And even more torque would be great.

Very good truck
By Brett

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a very good truck for the time that I have owned it, the only problems that I have had with it is the O2 sensor and spark plug wires, which is basically just regular parts that are going to need to be changed eventually. This truck has got plenty of power with the 5.9L v8. The truck sits high for a stock truck, when I pull up to the other competitor trucks and they have the 2500 or 3500, or 250, 350, etc. I am usually the same height or a little bit higher, which makes the truck seem a lot bigger for the model. I would buy this truck again, no questions asked.

Power and good looks

Better dashboard since mine was cracked when I bought the truck.

'01 Dodge
By wildfitter

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck to drive. I basically use it to hunt and pull my boat. Plenty of power, just wish that it got better gas mileage. I had removed the muffler and run straight pipes and the mileage went from 8-10 to 12-15mpg. With 50k it looks and drives great! Pulls a 18ft tyee with no problem.