2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
NOT BAD
By Ram on 03/02/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned this truck for two years now and so far no problems. I have the 5.9 and it gives me the power i need to pull my trailer. The only downside is the gas milage is 14-17 and maybe 12 when pulling my trailer.

Not bad
By AG on 02/19/09 21:49 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

So far I have had no problems with my truck. It came with nice aftermarket wheels and its looks good. I will have to say that the 5.9 does not have the best MPG but it can pull my trailer with no problem. Love the room in the engine area. I was able to change/get to the plugs with no problem. Hope to get some good years out of this truck

Nice Truck
By John on 02/04/09 17:07 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it at 72500 miles for a dependable move from WA to Anchorage AK. It was dependable even with the - 20 temperatures of living there. 14MPG at utmost best towing a 6x12 U-haul all 2400 miles to AK was about 9.5MPG. Replaced a couple u-joints and both front wheel bearings at 105000 miles after we moved back.

Dashboard Woes
By GA Ram Owner on 08/15/08 16:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 brand new in January 2001. I hadn't had any problems with it at all until about two years ago when the dashboard started with one small crack. Now the entire dashboard looks like a jigsaw puzzle. And, Dodge hasn't done a recall on the dashboards? I'm disappointed. As much as I love my truck, I'm seriously considering trading it in on anything in which the manufacturer will stand behind the product.

is this what a dodge is?
By Dodge? on 03/21/08 22:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

my wife loved the looks and sound, but I found the 5.2l underpowered and the trans a joke. one of the most comfortable trucks on the road, but it labored badly with just my 16 ft boat at 60mph. my 02 Chevy doesn't know it's there with the 4.8l

very nice
By dodge man on 03/17/08 23:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

i love this truck...it's very nice..it catches a lot of attention with its sport and off road packages and its sound...i wash it 2 times a month and still don't let people eat in it...i will be getting the 2009 dodge ram when it comes out, i will ALWAYS buy dodges (i hate chevy and toyota) even if they go out of business. has a lot more power then the 2003 toyota tundra...love this truck

Tough Truck
By dodge dude on 02/25/08 17:00 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck. This one of the best truck I have ever seen, I put around 55000 on the truck since I bought it and I drive it really hard and not one problem. Replaced the water pump when it leaked. I can haul 2000 pounds of stuff in the back and the truck pulls great. I have the Off- Road Pac, and the truck will out drive any but the most lifted of chevys and ford which usually get broke down anyways. My only problem is the gas mileage with the 5.9 and 4.10 gears is awful. I am luck to get 14 on the highway but then I don't have to pay to keep the truck running other than that.

Very good truck
By Brett on 10/08/07 15:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a very good truck for the time that I have owned it, the only problems that I have had with it is the O2 sensor and spark plug wires, which is basically just regular parts that are going to need to be changed eventually. This truck has got plenty of power with the 5.9L v8. The truck sits high for a stock truck, when I pull up to the other competitor trucks and they have the 2500 or 3500, or 250, 350, etc. I am usually the same height or a little bit higher, which makes the truck seem a lot bigger for the model. I would buy this truck again, no questions asked.

'01 Dodge
By wildfitter on 02/16/07 00:57 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck to drive. I basically use it to hunt and pull my boat. Plenty of power, just wish that it got better gas mileage. I had removed the muffler and run straight pipes and the mileage went from 8-10 to 12-15mpg. With 50k it looks and drives great! Pulls a 18ft tyee with no problem.

Dodge Ram 1500
By hdfatboy2003 on 01/12/07 08:18 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Excellent truck, great styling. Strong engine. Bought to tow a trailer and looking forward to it