2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Fun to drive
By travelin man on 01/18/10 19:17 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab WS 2WD LB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This little truck with its 318 is fun.Can roast the tires anytime I feel like it. I don't have a hitch yet, so I don't know the mpg on towing or its performance.No problem getting up to hwy speed, great response. It's the first truck that I've had since an old chevy that brings a smile to my face.It also performs well in minor off road situations(it is only a 2wd), don't get too deep in the mud.Interior comfy,love the floorboards(easy to clean),good sound system and an overall good running truck.I bought it used about a year and a half ago with 140k on it,only had to replace a water pump.

Buyer beware
By JLH on 08/12/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I post this review mainly to warn anyone thinking of purchasing a used 1994-2001 Ram 1500 4x4. Purchased new in 08/01. The first sign of things to come was when a stranger approached me and started a conversation with "So, have you ever had any trouble with your transmission?" The list of problems are water pump(bearing), transmission(rebuild at 70k and 95k after all req. service and no off road and towing 2x), "death wobble" (very nasty, do internet search), int. map light, and "Humpty Dumpty" dash. I call it that 'cause Dodge couldn't or wouldn't put it together again. Some of these complaints are highly reported on the internet. It is my first and last Dodge.

Good Truck-bad dash
By Charlie on 04/30/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Good truck, except for the cracked dash. Changed the thermostat to a colder one, get about 19 mpg hwy, and colder plugs (they like it cold) found that info on bionicdodge (all Dodge people), great place for info. Change the exhaust to dual pipes. Had a trans problem not long after I purchased, under warranty. I guess the owner before me did not know how to drive it (city owner).Now have 112,000+ miles on it, runs great! Love the cab space.

do not buy a dodge truck
By dodge sucks on 04/11/09 04:15 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck because it had a lot of interior room but I was warned by co-workers not to purchase a Dodge and I should of listened. The truck is falling apart inside, dashboard has many cracks in it, cd player does not work, a/c has been replaced 6 times... Etc... Dodge will not own up to these issues and there are many complaints about the dashboard issue which makes airbag deployment a real safety issue if it were to deploy... All that cracked plastic would fly like shards of Glass

Solid Truck
By 3balls on 04/01/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My 2001 Dodge 6 cylinder 5 speed work truck has only had 2 repairs in 8 years. Air conditioner after 6 years and water pump at 96,000 miles. Like most Dodge trucks the dash is cracked every where. I get 18.4 miles per gallon every time i check the mileage. It has been a great truck and i doubt if any Japanese trucks this size could beat the gas mileage or reliability.

love this truck
By chaseprusia on 03/24/09 16:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab WS 2WD LB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

great truck pull alot with it on the farm around 15 mpg out of big v8 not bad

Ram
By Cooter on 03/23/09 21:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

The Ram is a overall good truck, its reliable, gets me were i need to go and gets me unstuck through lots of places. The only problem is The dash cracks really really bad and the trim around the gauges.. other than that its a nice truck.

NOT BAD
By Ram on 03/02/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned this truck for two years now and so far no problems. I have the 5.9 and it gives me the power i need to pull my trailer. The only downside is the gas milage is 14-17 and maybe 12 when pulling my trailer.

Not bad
By AG on 02/19/09 21:49 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

So far I have had no problems with my truck. It came with nice aftermarket wheels and its looks good. I will have to say that the 5.9 does not have the best MPG but it can pull my trailer with no problem. Love the room in the engine area. I was able to change/get to the plugs with no problem. Hope to get some good years out of this truck

Nice Truck
By John on 02/04/09 17:07 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it at 72500 miles for a dependable move from WA to Anchorage AK. It was dependable even with the - 20 temperatures of living there. 14MPG at utmost best towing a 6x12 U-haul all 2400 miles to AK was about 9.5MPG. Replaced a couple u-joints and both front wheel bearings at 105000 miles after we moved back.