Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

I love it, but beware!
By JIMMYRP

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the Dodge 1500 Ram SLT Laramie in March 01. No problems until this year Feb 04, with 1 month left to go on the waranty and 28500 miles the trans began to slip. The truck was tied up for two weeks at the dealer before they finally agreed to repair it. The front tires wear on the outside even though i rotate every 3000 miles and had the front end adjusted at 12000 and 20000 miles. The front wheel bearings will be next I guess.

Interior comfort, front seats are very comfortable. Nice exterior lines.

Improve hvac system. Improve the Dodge service department!

Big and Fast
By I like big trucks

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have the extended cab 5.9L SPORT, I LOVE IT! Itty bitty girl, in a big truck, but hey, it works. I have yet to lose a race =). Flowmasters are a definate must b/c Dodges have a distinct low rumble... yummy. Very roomy in the interior and under the hood, I love working on it. Lacks in rear seat space, pulls to the right, and I have a squeeking noise coming from the front, I just turn up the radio though. Fast for a big heavy truck, and so many extras to put on it. Only thing I hate is the gas mileage. I average 13 mpg. I'm sure racing doesn't help that either though...

Same color grille and bumper on the sport package. 5.9L ENGINE BABY!!! Guys check me out all the time in my big beautiful truck, then I kick their butt in racing... I love it.

GAS MILEAGE SUCKS!!! If I wasn't spending so much on gas every week I could afford to buy all the extras I want to put on this bad boy! Extended cab lacks legs room.

Power Ram 1500
By jsipe

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Truck has been virtually trouble free for 32,000 miles (I'm on the 3rd driver's side master power window/door lock switch). Driver's side shock absorber bolt loosened once. Upgraded to 17" rims and Bridgestone Dueler/AT Revo tires and much happier. Gas mpg is 10 mpg in winter using 4wd and 18 mpg using 2wd on interstate(acceptible for V-8 truck).

5.9 motor, K&N filter, Gibson exhaust, short bed and reg. cab makes some exciting driving.

Dodge needs to offer more dealer knowledge for mopar high performance and dress up parts.

good sofar
By ramifications

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have 34000 miles on my 4by4 slt with the 5.9 in it.Most impressed by its offroad prowess.I remember the first winter i had it.It snowed 17 inches in 1 day,and on a small residential road leading to a recreation area,only half was plowed.The other half had a good 2 ft of snow.Anyways,i drove right thru the 2 ft of snow like a hot knife thru butter.No problems to date.One minor irritation.It has a slight pull to the right.Could be a design flaw,as numerous accounts of this occurance,and no remedy that i know of.

Drivability.Everone complains about the dated 5.9,but it has plenty of power for me

Fix the steering ,Dodge.

Ram review
By Rfranklin

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a very reliable vehicle. I normaly trade every year but because of the overall perormance of this truck I have had this one almost three years. I've had two factory recalls one for a loose power cable that wasn't loose and one to replace the clock spring in the steering column. I had one door speaker that failed in the first 30 days and the latch on the rear fold up seat didn't work when I accepted delivery from the dealer. That was also repaired. Other than that I haven't had to have anything but routine maintinance to the truck. I would recomend this truck for anyone needing a full size truck.

Extended cab with the under seat storage. The power of the 5.9 liter engine.

Need improvement in gas milage.

• SUV