2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Don't buy one
By Keith M on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

cannot stop the truck from pulling to the right. Tried everything. Dealer tried to say it was road slant until I drove them on the other side of the road. In shop 4 times before trans. noise could be identified and fixed. 11mpg on highway, 6mpg pulling 2800lb. boat. Terrible mileage. Service sucks.

OK, until warranty expires.
By Otto on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

A comfortable truck, with OK performance, horrible mileage. Now that the warranty is about to expire, things have started to go wrong. The dealership has been worthless (they haven't corrected ONE problem that I have had). The truck sputters and moans when the motor is cold. Transmission is starting to slip. Also a popping noise in the front end when turning. I am trading it off. Too bad, as I really enjoy driving it.

No Problems
By Goatman on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Dodge Ram with the 5.2L engine and I've had no problems. It tows a camper well and I haven't found anything it can't haul. The gas mileage stinks but I knew that before I bought it. It's been a reliable truck that is a pleasure to drive as long as there's a gas station nearby.

Great Truck
By Tjsoos on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

An excellent truck. Not the first first truck I've ever driven, but the first one I've owned. The ride is above any other truck on the market. I often have chevy and ford owners riding with me that comment on how much smoother the ride is in my truck.

Good Truck
By ramluvr on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Ram for exactly one year and the only problem I have had is the drivers side map light stop working and the switch had to be replaced.It is roomy,comfortable and has a great ride. Plenty of power but hard on fuel but what do you expect? It's a truck.

Look out for some Dodge products!
By Can't beleive it! on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have the 5.9L V8, and does it drink the gas! Especailly on windy days. I bought it new in June 2001, and all I have had is problems. Drove the truck off the lot with the check engine light on. The dealership said it was possible I had air in the line somewhere. I took it in and the dealership tried to fix it with putting in a new Torque Converter and a Boost Valve. That fixed for a while until about 5000 miles when the Transmission went! Then it was just one thing after another from there! The four wheel drive stopped working, they said it was a leaky hose! Throttle body, steering column etc.,

Disapointment
By Mopar Fanatic on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I've always been an avid Mopar lover. However, this truck has been in the shop more than any vehicle I've ever owned. When it behaves, it's a great performer... unfortunatly, that's a rare thing. The idle is lousy and seaks up and down. If you try to drive it within 5 minutes of starting it, it will stall. The transmission has been rebuilt and is going bad AGAIN. Now, the 4-wheel unit is starting to hum.

AWESOME
By KDSJFWEO;RIN on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I LOVE MY DODGE RAM 1500. IT'S THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE EVER OWNED.

Nothing but headaches
By J.E. on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I love the look of the Dodge Ram, however, that's as much praise as I can give it. In the 2 years I've owned it, I've had it in the shop 7 times. Problems have included the driveshaft, A.C., rims, torque converter and transmission. I may be in the minority but I've spoken to enough Ram owners to know that I'm not the only one to regret walking into a Dodge dealership.

DODGE
By MIKE FARO on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

GREAT TRUCK