2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
My review
By w4phj on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Overall experience has been outstanding !! I'm impressed by the ride and the tightness of the truck. I recently had to pull a trailer 1000 miles and I didn't even feel it except in the mountains of TN.

Dodge Ram Opinion
By primetime on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Nicely styled truck with good size and looks. I drive mostly on road with occasional off road jaunts. I've owned this for over a year and for the most part have been satisfied with it but it does have it's drawbacks being a seven year old design based on the time I bought it.

RAM TOUGH, Not Really!!!
By B.W. Evans on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned many Dodges over the years, but this one has had the worst repair frequency record ever!! It has the 4 Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes, and they just DO NOT STOP THE TRUCK. It has been back to the dealer at least 9 times for repair. I finally had someone else bypass the ABS for the front wheels, and now it works fine. But, this is not a true fix. I guess the only way to get anyone to fix it right is to have a serious enough accident. The only other bad thing with this vechile is that it gets VERY poor fuel mileage... The sticker says 12, but I usually get only 8. Dealer says that this is normal also... My advise, buy a Japanees truck.

Thomas' Ram Opinion
By Dennis thomas on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I would have preferred the smaller V8 engine, but to get leather interior and all the upgrades, the only one avail was the 5.7 V8. Two issues have developed, one there is a 'creak' in the suspension that evades remedy and a transmission power module failed that took three visits to the dealer to find. It was repaired under warrantee. No other issues.

Dissapointment
By BosBolt on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My second RAM (first was a '97) I was hesitant to go with another RAM but fell in love with this 2001 on first site. BAD MISTAKE. Even more problems with this vehicle than the first. In the shop 7 times in the first 4 months. Electrical Problems, VERY poor mileage and I drive mostly highway with little stop and go and rarely over 65. 11-12mpg at best even with a K&N filter. OFF-Road Package bites. Truck creaks, rattles, vibrates. About to replace front bearings AGAIN. Tires are ~215/ea to replace (17") BEWARE

Awsome Truck!!!
By zachcurtis on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I love this pickup. Its a beatiful powerful machine. You'll pay for the beauty and power when you stop at the gas station.

Could it be WHERE it's built?
By COLORADOROCKY on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have experienced some of the complaints, but drive it so little that I have not really had time to give a "lemon" evaluation. I "think" the tranny may have some problems, the blower on the AC/Htr seems to whir oddly, and the pulling many of us notice was brushed aside as, .."most of them do"(by dealer service dept) As opinions seem split...I would bet it has to do with with whether the vehicle was built in MICH or the other factory (where mine was built). I have had Dodge trucks since 1981...this may be the last, although I may consider a 2500 (why does it have a 9-PLUS rating?). Am going to check it out right now!

a REAL truck!
By Cool Hand on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned my Ram for over 2 years now with no complaints! I bought this truck to use and abuse, and still have it look nice. It has plenty of power with the 5.9l engine. Great 4x4 lock up with the floor shifter. (I don't trust any 'push-button' 4-wheel drive system) SLT package is nice and not over-priced. It was nice while ordering it as the SLT package is the basic frills. Anything else you wanted you could add on. Great saftey features and roomy interior designed wonderfully! Tons of clearance for those back wood roads too.

only 4x4s
By allright on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Though I have a gas guzzling 360 motor that is not very practical for long trips, the power is definately there when I pull my 24 camper up hills. I bought this vehicle to get me back to the campsite, whether camping, fishing, or hunting and I have had no problem completing the task. I enjoy my truck and have no compaints. The only issue I have seen is that the suspension is a little ruff and the truck gets really squirrelly on rigid dirt roads which is to be expected.

Great Truck
By the_real_JFT on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

It is a fine truck. Capable of towing, hauling, and looking good around town. It's big....and those who like big vehicles will not be disappointed. Get a cold-air induction kit and some flowmasters, and the "underpowered" 5.9 will eat up the road.