Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

10 Years of Great Service
By Kurt

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab WS 2WD LB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle 10 years ago (8/05) and it has given me great service. The only repairs I have done are ones I would expect to do (alternator, master cylinder, water pump, ball joints, shocks, brake lines). I have heard about problems with cracks in the dash. Mine only started cracking 2 years ago, but is getting bad. Overall I can't believe that I have had a vehicle for 10 years and had no major problems. It currently has 97,000 miles at 14 years. I know that the next vehicle I get won't give me the service this one has, and that makes it hard to part with, even though I need to due to lifestyle changes.

great truck but it may burn
By Mr. Hardware

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD LB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

this had been a great truck that said even after the recall repairs in 2002 some will still burn and you will likely be driving it when it starts

Definitely a decent truck
By cdizzie

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I had my 01 RAM passed down to me a few years ago when my grandfather had gotten the new 2010 F150. It was a great truck and has been through a lot over the years. However it also had over $2000 of work done to it to keep it running. Rebuilt transmission, replaced rotors, brakes, tires, all kinds of pumps and wire, plus all kinds of stuff I can't even remember. But nothing you wouldn't expect from a Dodge truck, especially at 10 years old. All-in-all, it was a good truck, and really sturdy. The V6 Magnum wasn't too powerful, but it lasted the life of the truck and still pushes to this day, at 140,000 miles. If only the fuel economy didn't suck.

.The cab room .Good mirror view .Tough truck

.Transmission wasn't too good. .The fuel economy, no matter how much it says on the website, or on the manual, the most I ever squeezed out of the truck was 15 to the gallon.

Truck minded
By tdb

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

116,000 miles. Great truck. Work, hunting, fishing. Etc. Great interior, lots of room. Dash problems? No. The 5.2 lacks some power on highway (5 spd manual) lot of shifting especially in hills (mountains). Overall great truck, plan on owning another (diesel)

looks good, 4wd works great snow or mud

interior lights (dome)

I love this truck
By John H

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought mine used 3 years ago with 70k, now she has 90k. I've had to replace the power steering pump and rear bumper -- rust is an issue with these trucks. Other than that, she starts up and runs like a charm. I have a 7.5' Western plow and she plows like a champ.

size and comfort. plus, there's storage behind the seat - a good foot's worth at floor level.

Rust is an issue. I don't have any on my doors, but it seems most RAM's rust out at the bottom of the doors. My bumper rusted out from the inside and looked like Swiss cheese in a matter of weeks.