Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY DODGE RAM!!!
By lovinbeinamom

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My husband purchased this truck for me in 2002 as an anniversary present, it is the best gift he has ever purchased for me! It is now 2014 and I now have 220,000 + miles on it. It is by far the best vehicle we have ever owned! The v8 has plenty of power, fun to drive, reliable, roomy and comfortable. We replaced the transmission at about 120,000 and have put a radiator on it but that is it. Great truck! I can not say enough good things about it. I truly love my truck! It has kept me safe when was hit in the side on 3 different occasions and then on the 4th when a drunk driver hit me. I feel safe it this truck. I praise God 1st and foremost but I am thankful for the quality the truck

Favorite Features

The v8 motor is great with plenty of power. I also love the spacious cab.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, I love the truck the way it is.

Trading 2001 Dodge for Ford
By karjam

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased or 2001 Dodge with only 26,000 miles on it and purchase Dodges "Platanuim" extended warrenty coverage for extra $1900 cost. The best they offered. Within the first year cracks began forming on dash. Took for warrenty but turns out Dodge purposally excluded interior because they used poor quality plastics for years 1999-2003! They tried to tell us is was due to sun exposure...even though truck stays under cover! Has only 52,000 miles on it. Runs like new and looks like new until you look inside. Whole dash is gone! As is the glovebox and all the overhead added storage details! Cheaply made and then won't stand behind it. Trading for a Ford!

Favorite Features

Truck drives like a truck...love that! Has a nice tough look.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge needs to stand behind what they produce.

Must be a great truck still!
By jesusfreak

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 dodge ram 1500 for about a year and had to sell it. I am actually in the process of buying another. I was very happy when I had mine. It had plenty of power,drove great and was very comfortable. I did have a bad taste about the gas but who doesn't. I am just surprised that this rating is so low for this vehicle. I mean if gas and a CRACKED DASHBOARD is all there is to complain about? I mean I didn't know the dash had an effect on drivability. Just get a cover like I did.

Favorite Features

POWER. I am a big guy, linebacker build and I love the room. I also like the deep throatiness you get with the duals.

Suggested Improvements

GAS! That's it!

Great Truck But Needs Work
By helo_scorpio

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This is an awesome truck. I have put over 90,000 miles on it since I bought it in 04. The Tranny just went out thanks to the Tq Converter at 166,000. Really good for this crappy tranny. I currently have a friend not just rebuilding it but doing it all the way. Everyone who has Tranny problems replace your tq converter with your tranny. I hate the dash. My water pump died at 100.000 and my right front hub bearing went at 100,000. But after all that I love this truck. I have driven it across this country 4 times and about to again. Very comfortable, plenty of power. Tows well past its rating and still hooks even with a bad tq converter. Again awesome truck. I will be driving it for along time.

Favorite Features

Power, Reliability, looks, comfort, drivability.

Suggested Improvements

Tq Converter, Tranny, Interior plastics, Dash, sell hub bearings separate from hub, all Automatics need tranny coolers stock.

I love it!
By Russell

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in 09 only prob was the transmission but other than that i love my dodge ill drive it till the wheels fall off.

Favorite Features

All the room. I'm 6'4" so i need all the room i can get haha.

Suggested Improvements

I have non except for people that buy trucks and complain bout the gas mileage. It's a truck what do you expect?