Used 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

From day one
By Dean Burks

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4 quad cab since it has 2 miles on it and it has about 110000 on it now. I love the looks. At 6'7" I love the room and height. Now lets get to the rest. Since I bought it I have replaced the rear end twice. U joints twice. New brakes three times. A brake line broke ( rust) so suddenly that I went to a store with brakes and when I left I had NO brakes. They went to the floor. Replace shocks twice. A/c compressor. I keep it very clean and it still is rusting on the bottom rails. Window fits are terrible ( air noise). I have over serviced this vehicle as far as required maintenance. The cd player went out at 55000 miles and now I have to get a new radio. The engine has held up ok ( knock on wood). All this that has happened is due to poor parts being used by Dodge and low quality craftsmenship. They keep saying Ram tough on TV. I say. Ram is not tough at all. Then they ask why does Toyota and the other foreign models do so well. They make cars that stand up. Dodge makes them good enough to just get you out the door.

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY DODGE RAM!!!
By lovinbeinamom

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My husband purchased this truck for me in 2002 as an anniversary present, it is the best gift he has ever purchased for me! It is now 2014 and I now have 220,000 + miles on it.
It is by far the best vehicle we have ever owned!
The v8 has plenty of power, fun to drive, reliable, roomy and comfortable.
We replaced the transmission at about 120,000 and have put a radiator on it but that is it.
Great truck! I can not say enough good things about it.
I truly love my truck!
It has kept me safe when was hit in the side on 3 different occasions and then on the 4th when a drunk driver hit me.
I feel safe it this truck.
I praise God 1st and foremost but I am thankful for the quality the truck

The v8 motor is great with plenty of power. I also love the spacious cab.

Nothing, I love the truck the way it is.

Trading 2001 Dodge for Ford
By karjam

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased or 2001 Dodge with only 26,000 miles on it and purchase Dodges "Platanuim" extended warrenty coverage for extra $1900 cost.
The best they offered.
Within the first year cracks began forming on dash.
Took for warrenty but turns out Dodge purposally excluded interior because they used poor quality plastics for years 1999-2003!
They tried to tell us is was due to sun exposure...even though truck stays under cover!
Has only 52,000 miles on it.
Runs like new and looks like new until you look inside.
Whole dash is gone!
As is the glovebox and all the overhead added storage details!
Cheaply made and then won't stand behind it.
Trading for a Ford!

Truck drives like a truck...love that! Has a nice tough look.

Dodge needs to stand behind what they produce.

Great dependable ride
By charles

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

The V8 is peppy,handling good. Turning radius could be better. Dependable, access to bed and cab good, under hood items easy to see/access. Dual exhaust sounds great, fuel mileage better w/duals. My wife loves this truck and says it is easy for her to operate, she's 5ft tall. Good truck.

Tilt wheel, cruise and all, sound system good. Comfortable, big seats with fold down center arm rest. nice. My grand daughters love the room in back, nice for ext. cab truck. It has add on flat cover. This is a great option.

Free replacement top dash and better plating on Grill. My dash was toast when I bought it. Heat has just destroyed the top dash. I bought a made for carpet cover. The chrome plate on the grill is all rippled. Tconverter went out, $1100 and just had to replace water pump $300. Overall a great truck.

Must be a great truck still!
By jesusfreak

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 dodge ram 1500 for about a year and had to sell it. I am actually in the process of buying another. I was very happy when I had mine. It had plenty of power,drove great and was very comfortable. I did have a bad taste about the gas but who doesn't. I am just surprised that this rating is so low for this vehicle. I mean if gas and a CRACKED DASHBOARD is all there is to complain about? I mean I didn't know the dash had an effect on drivability. Just get a cover like I did.

POWER. I am a big guy, linebacker build and I love the room. I also like the deep throatiness you get with the duals.

GAS! That's it!