2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
LOVE LOVE LOVE MY DODGE RAM!!!
By lovinbeinamom on 04/30/14 22:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My husband purchased this truck for me in 2002 as an anniversary present, it is the best gift he has ever purchased for me! It is now 2014 and I now have 220,000 + miles on it. It is by far the best vehicle we have ever owned! The v8 has plenty of power, fun to drive, reliable, roomy and comfortable. We replaced the transmission at about 120,000 and have put a radiator on it but that is it. Great truck! I can not say enough good things about it. I truly love my truck! It has kept me safe when was hit in the side on 3 different occasions and then on the 4th when a drunk driver hit me. I feel safe it this truck. I praise God 1st and foremost but I am thankful for the quality the truck

Trading 2001 Dodge for Ford
By karjam on 01/16/12 07:06 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased or 2001 Dodge with only 26,000 miles on it and purchase Dodges "Platanuim" extended warrenty coverage for extra $1900 cost. The best they offered. Within the first year cracks began forming on dash. Took for warrenty but turns out Dodge purposally excluded interior because they used poor quality plastics for years 1999-2003! They tried to tell us is was due to sun exposure...even though truck stays under cover! Has only 52,000 miles on it. Runs like new and looks like new until you look inside. Whole dash is gone! As is the glovebox and all the overhead added storage details! Cheaply made and then won't stand behind it. Trading for a Ford!

Great dependable ride
By charles on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

The V8 is peppy,handling good. Turning radius could be better. Dependable, access to bed and cab good, under hood items easy to see/access. Dual exhaust sounds great, fuel mileage better w/duals. My wife loves this truck and says it is easy for her to operate, she's 5ft tall. Good truck.

Must be a great truck still!
By jesusfreak on 09/04/10 03:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 dodge ram 1500 for about a year and had to sell it. I am actually in the process of buying another. I was very happy when I had mine. It had plenty of power,drove great and was very comfortable. I did have a bad taste about the gas but who doesn't. I am just surprised that this rating is so low for this vehicle. I mean if gas and a CRACKED DASHBOARD is all there is to complain about? I mean I didn't know the dash had an effect on drivability. Just get a cover like I did.

Great Truck But Needs Work
By helo_scorpio on 05/04/10 09:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This is an awesome truck. I have put over 90,000 miles on it since I bought it in 04. The Tranny just went out thanks to the Tq Converter at 166,000. Really good for this crappy tranny. I currently have a friend not just rebuilding it but doing it all the way. Everyone who has Tranny problems replace your tq converter with your tranny. I hate the dash. My water pump died at 100.000 and my right front hub bearing went at 100,000. But after all that I love this truck. I have driven it across this country 4 times and about to again. Very comfortable, plenty of power. Tows well past its rating and still hooks even with a bad tq converter. Again awesome truck. I will be driving it for along time.

I love it!
By Russell on 03/24/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in 09 only prob was the transmission but other than that i love my dodge ill drive it till the wheels fall off.

Buyer beware
By JLH on 08/12/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I post this review mainly to warn anyone thinking of purchasing a used 1994-2001 Ram 1500 4x4. Purchased new in 08/01. The first sign of things to come was when a stranger approached me and started a conversation with "So, have you ever had any trouble with your transmission?" The list of problems are water pump(bearing), transmission(rebuild at 70k and 95k after all req. service and no off road and towing 2x), "death wobble" (very nasty, do internet search), int. map light, and "Humpty Dumpty" dash. I call it that 'cause Dodge couldn't or wouldn't put it together again. Some of these complaints are highly reported on the internet. It is my first and last Dodge.

Good Truck-bad dash
By Charlie on 04/30/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Good truck, except for the cracked dash. Changed the thermostat to a colder one, get about 19 mpg hwy, and colder plugs (they like it cold) found that info on bionicdodge (all Dodge people), great place for info. Change the exhaust to dual pipes. Had a trans problem not long after I purchased, under warranty. I guess the owner before me did not know how to drive it (city owner).Now have 112,000+ miles on it, runs great! Love the cab space.

do not buy a dodge truck
By dodge sucks on 04/11/09 04:15 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck because it had a lot of interior room but I was warned by co-workers not to purchase a Dodge and I should of listened. The truck is falling apart inside, dashboard has many cracks in it, cd player does not work, a/c has been replaced 6 times... Etc... Dodge will not own up to these issues and there are many complaints about the dashboard issue which makes airbag deployment a real safety issue if it were to deploy... All that cracked plastic would fly like shards of Glass

Ram
By Cooter on 03/23/09 21:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

The Ram is a overall good truck, its reliable, gets me were i need to go and gets me unstuck through lots of places. The only problem is The dash cracks really really bad and the trim around the gauges.. other than that its a nice truck.