2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Club Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Grab life by the HORNS!
By xmoparmanx on 04/24/11 18:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Club Cab 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck a month ago so this review is more for the looks and performance not maintanance records etc. Towing: good so far we towed my friends small horse trailor with it and it wasnt a problem at all. Cabin: Nice. usually the dash from what i hear is the worst thing on these trucks but mine works just fine exerior looks: great looks like a truck. thats all that matters. Speed and performance: great everytime i step into my truck and turn that key theres this loud rumble and girls look at me. its a great feeling. or when i put the pedal to floor theres this montrous roar coming from the powerful V8 engine it is honestly the best sound i have ever heard. It is a beast!

Solid Truck
By 3balls on 04/01/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Club Cab 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My 2001 Dodge 6 cylinder 5 speed work truck has only had 2 repairs in 8 years. Air conditioner after 6 years and water pump at 96,000 miles. Like most Dodge trucks the dash is cracked every where. I get 18.4 miles per gallon every time i check the mileage. It has been a great truck and i doubt if any Japanese trucks this size could beat the gas mileage or reliability.

Dodge Trucks lead the pack
By Rick782 on 02/11/06 13:21 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Club Cab 2dr Club Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

Well I've had 3 Ford pickups, 2 Chevys and 4 Dodges. All good pickups but this truck will not die. I have almost 200k on it. 195475 to be exact. I have never done anything but change the oil, tires, and brakes. I drive it hard, pull a toyhauler and go on many 4x4 roads where im from. This truck has been everywhere. I have the 5.9L. My truck is also lifted 10" on 39.5" superswampers. What a superb vehicle

Ram review
By Rfranklin on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Club Cab 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a very reliable vehicle. I normaly trade every year but because of the overall perormance of this truck I have had this one almost three years. I've had two factory recalls one for a loose power cable that wasn't loose and one to replace the clock spring in the steering column. I had one door speaker that failed in the first 30 days and the latch on the rear fold up seat didn't work when I accepted delivery from the dealer. That was also repaired. Other than that I haven't had to have anything but routine maintinance to the truck. I would recomend this truck for anyone needing a full size truck.

Ram With Purpose
By alfordjman on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Club Cab 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

At 43000 miles the only things I've had to do with my truck,have been routine maintenance items.Oil changes every 4000 miles,new tires at 38000,and now new brakes at 43000.I have a family of five and it transports us comfortably when we all need to go somewhere.I've never once had to worry about it starting and/or leaving me stranded.By far it has been my best truck yet!

off road don't try it!!!!!!!
By ericbu24 on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Club Cab 2dr Club Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I just traded my 2001 off road ram in for a chevy. I had the worst exp. with the dealership. It was in the shop about 15 times for the same thing. One time they had to rip out the dashboard and when they put it back together the cup holder would not fold out. I will never buy a nother dodge for as long as I live.