2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Grab life by the HORNS!
By xmoparmanx on 04/24/11 18:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck a month ago so this review is more for the looks and performance not maintanance records etc. Towing: good so far we towed my friends small horse trailor with it and it wasnt a problem at all. Cabin: Nice. usually the dash from what i hear is the worst thing on these trucks but mine works just fine exerior looks: great looks like a truck. thats all that matters. Speed and performance: great everytime i step into my truck and turn that key theres this loud rumble and girls look at me. its a great feeling. or when i put the pedal to floor theres this montrous roar coming from the powerful V8 engine it is honestly the best sound i have ever heard. It is a beast!

Solid Truck
By 3balls on 04/01/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

My 2001 Dodge 6 cylinder 5 speed work truck has only had 2 repairs in 8 years. Air conditioner after 6 years and water pump at 96,000 miles. Like most Dodge trucks the dash is cracked every where. I get 18.4 miles per gallon every time i check the mileage. It has been a great truck and i doubt if any Japanese trucks this size could beat the gas mileage or reliability.

Ram review
By Rfranklin on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

This has been a very reliable vehicle. I normaly trade every year but because of the overall perormance of this truck I have had this one almost three years. I've had two factory recalls one for a loose power cable that wasn't loose and one to replace the clock spring in the steering column. I had one door speaker that failed in the first 30 days and the latch on the rear fold up seat didn't work when I accepted delivery from the dealer. That was also repaired. Other than that I haven't had to have anything but routine maintinance to the truck. I would recomend this truck for anyone needing a full size truck.

Ram With Purpose
By alfordjman on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Club Cab ST 2WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

At 43000 miles the only things I've had to do with my truck,have been routine maintenance items.Oil changes every 4000 miles,new tires at 38000,and now new brakes at 43000.I have a family of five and it transports us comfortably when we all need to go somewhere.I've never once had to worry about it starting and/or leaving me stranded.By far it has been my best truck yet!