2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: What a Thrill!

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

What a Thrill!
By mrmarkmac on

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

2000 4X4 reg./cab/sb: I've always owned full size trucks and this one was the best. Mine had the 5.2l V8 and the 5spd tranny. I can personally attest that it would do a 17.1sec quarter mile and break traction into 3rd gear (not bad for a 4X4). Extremely rugged truck, Ford and chevy couldn't match. I used this truck hard for 2 years (30k mi). I would drop the clutch at 3000 rpm locked up in 4hi with the truck sitting in a foot of sand...I guarantee a Ford or Chevy would've popped. The only probs with mine were a leaky brake proportioning valve and a bent steering stabilizer that I rebounded off a huge rock... Both were fixed free under warranty.

the high ground clearance, 5 speed tranny, and decent fuel economy (17mpg that this got is better than the 12mpg others have.). You gotta love the super rugged running gear. Dana-44 front axle, NP-231 transfer case, and NV-3500 manual tranny. Sweet!

Thicker sheetmetal. I would dent the hood every time I tried to clean the windshield and I'm 6'2". Also the interior was BASIC (seat, stick, and steering wheel). Identical to my 1975 Ford F-100 except the Dodge had airbags.