2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: MPG only real fault with Dodge

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

MPG only real fault with Dodge truck
By david on

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my truck. It has power to spare from the 5.9L V-8, pulls our 4 horse trailer well, and rides nicer than my brothers new Chevy 1500 HD with bells n whistles out the ying yang ( i just dont like how his rides, really, bounces the hell out of you, very glitchy gas pedal). MPG is the only really bad pt on this truck. It lags way behind other comparable trucks. 13- 15mpg is about it, and that doesnt seem to change too much towing loads, drops to 10-13 or so. Other than that, I love my truck. It is reliable, drives nice, comfortable, lots of room, and nice layout. Would still by Dodge truck again, despite bad MPG, if I could leave fuel costs out of picture.

Cruise control. simple to use, nice placement. Nice sound system. Good 4wd set up, easy to engage. Power split bench seat I like over a bucket in other trucks. Outside design is best in business.

Get mpg up with other trucks of same size and power. it really is a sore point that it is not just a little poor, it sucks gas as if it were a 3500 series truck, and it isnt.