2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: A Great Truck

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

A Great Truck
By Alan G on

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my 2000 Ram 1500 Quad Cab for 3 years now. I have actually used my truck as a truck--hauling pallets, trailoring my '77 T-Bird (about 3 tons including trailor) along with a motorcycle in the bed for 700 miles, carrying a full pallet of moist sod in the bed, pulling a 23-foot boat, and you get the point. Never once has my truck complained or given me the least bit of trouble. I have taken good care of it though, so maybe that's part of it. If and when I decide to let it go, someone will get a great truck, and I will be sad to see it go. It has served me well so far, and I see no reason that it won't continue to do so for years to come.

I just really love the look of this model year Ram, much more than the new ones.

I wish it had the new 345 hp Hemi in it. It would then be basically perfect. A small improvement in mileage would be nice too, which I think the Hemi has. I would also like it if the center console could move back and forth, and do so independently of the other seats.