2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Satisfied Ram Owner
By Lucky J on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Excellent truck.This was my 4th truck since switching over from cars.This truck was very dependable.The down side is that it was a gas hog.Other than normal maintence,and replacing a fog lamp before 1 year I had no problems at all.I have driven other friends trucks an I had thought mine had power,but after driving theirs I realized mine was adequate,but not overwhelming if i was towin a boat etc.

Nice Truck to drive
By mooremrrcm on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been trouble free and very dependable. The 5.9 liter V-8 is quiet and very responsive. The truck has 42000 miles on it and I have replaced wearing items like front brakes and all tires. Other than those items and regular service I haven't spent anything on it. The paint and finish is very durable. When you wash the road salt and grime off from it it looks like new.

Nice Design, Low Quality
By JoeB9999 on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB

Love the looks, but am disappointed by rattles, squeaks, inaccurate gas guage, spark knock that can't be fixed, and "software" problems that cause the Check Engine light to come on periodically.

Good power
By dgould on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased the truck to tow a 30 foot camper trailer in the mountains. It has the 5.9 360 engine with the towing package. It has exceeded my expectations and out performed my previous truck which was a Z-71. I have had zero warranty problems.

yuk
By hldatripp on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Extended Cab SB

my truck has experienced one problem after another. The dealer in WIsconsin is not particularly helpful.

A Great Truck
By Alan G on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my 2000 Ram 1500 Quad Cab for 3 years now. I have actually used my truck as a truck--hauling pallets, trailoring my '77 T-Bird (about 3 tons including trailor) along with a motorcycle in the bed for 700 miles, carrying a full pallet of moist sod in the bed, pulling a 23-foot boat, and you get the point. Never once has my truck complained or given me the least bit of trouble. I have taken good care of it though, so maybe that's part of it. If and when I decide to let it go, someone will get a great truck, and I will be sad to see it go. It has served me well so far, and I see no reason that it won't continue to do so for years to come.

What a Thrill!
By mrmarkmac on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

2000 4X4 reg./cab/sb: I've always owned full size trucks and this one was the best. Mine had the 5.2l V8 and the 5spd tranny. I can personally attest that it would do a 17.1sec quarter mile and break traction into 3rd gear (not bad for a 4X4). Extremely rugged truck, Ford and chevy couldn't match. I used this truck hard for 2 years (30k mi). I would drop the clutch at 3000 rpm locked up in 4hi with the truck sitting in a foot of sand...I guarantee a Ford or Chevy would've popped. The only probs with mine were a leaky brake proportioning valve and a bent steering stabilizer that I rebounded off a huge rock... Both were fixed free under warranty.

go dodge
By joe joe on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

nice truck hard on gas does not like low grade gas pings

Many issues and poor customer service.
By SRodriguez on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 WS 2dr Regular Cab SB

This was my first Dodge. It is a sharp looking vehicle and is extremely roomy. However, this is the extent of their good features. V8 Engine sluggish between 1500 - 2800 rpms. Warped Rotors or drums at 6700 miles, at 12000 miles, at 18000 and again at 32000. Second issue, at 13500 loud hammering sound from transmission. Dodge solution-pack grease between incorrectly sized bushings. Since 28000 loud grinding transmission noises when shifting. 4x in shop, problem persists. valve body replaced 2x. Dodge claims don't need to fix bc still moves and shifts. Service advisors and Dept. Mgr at TX Chrysler Dodge in Georgetown, TX no power to fix. District Mgr no help.