2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Gas guzzling mechanics friend
By Tim on 09/05/06 11:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my Dodge used with over 100k miles on it. Shortly after purchase I found the truck was plagued with mechanical problems. Since I bought the truck I've put a mere 12,000 miles on it. Two transmissions, two sets of ball joints, a steering box, a fuel pump, and an AC compressor later I wish I'd spent a little more money on the competition.

Love My Truck
By Berlyn on 06/01/06 22:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I come from a long line of Chevy owners, but after searching for just the right truck for myself I fell in love with the Dodge Ram. I have driven plenty of Chevy's but for comfort you can't beat the Ram. I live in So. Cal. and the freeways are more like parking lots, but for a truck I still get great gas mileage (better than my friends 04 Avalanche).

MPG only real fault with Dodge truck
By david on 11/09/05 09:27 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my truck. It has power to spare from the 5.9L V-8, pulls our 4 horse trailer well, and rides nicer than my brothers new Chevy 1500 HD with bells n whistles out the ying yang ( i just dont like how his rides, really, bounces the hell out of you, very glitchy gas pedal). MPG is the only really bad pt on this truck. It lags way behind other comparable trucks. 13- 15mpg is about it, and that doesnt seem to change too much towing loads, drops to 10-13 or so. Other than that, I love my truck. It is reliable, drives nice, comfortable, lots of room, and nice layout. Would still by Dodge truck again, despite bad MPG, if I could leave fuel costs out of picture.

A fine truck, but has a drinking problem
By mre_boise on 04/14/05 22:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought the truck used from dealer with 21K on the clock over 3 years ago. It has given excellent service. It gives a decent ride, has very good power, is quite maneuverable for its size, and has all of the creature comforts (my wife loves the heated seats). It pulls our 19' camper trailer with little strain. Upkeep and maintenance has been very reasonable - BUT - Gas mileage is horrible! Best I've ever gotten with it is 14.1 on a long, fairly flat trip. Driving back and forth to work, I get about 10.5. Towing the trailer (no faster than 60 mph) I get 8.7 mpg. Next truck I get HAS to get better mileage. I hope that Dodge can fill the bill, 'cause I've been a Mopar fan for 35+ years!

Run Away
By Run on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this vehicle with 58,000 miles on it. I have had it for 7 months and have had to replace the transmission, rear end, rebuild the front end and spend $1,500 on the air conditioning. My advice is to steer clear. I have never owned a bigger lemon.

Great truck!
By Mike Schrader on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck, seems to haul and pull the world!

2000 Ram 1500 SLT 2WD
By bull/smb on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Much better than any Ford or Chevy pickup that I have owned

keeping it until it dies
By dodgefamily on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck, even more than the 79 ram i had in high school. i've had this truck in all types of weather with all kinds of loads and trailering in all kinds of terrain and it has proven itself worthy ( even though i had to replace drive shaft ujoints at 49000mi). the fuel economy could be better but im not upset getting 13 in the city and 16 to 17 on the hwy (depending on where i buy gas).I would recommend this truck to anyone.

impressed
By cowboync78 on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

very stout capable vehicle,suprise at every turn and doesnt give up

One Transmission after another.
By Baggy on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

OK, Here it goes. I bought the truck from a dealer used (6-months old). Two days after taking deliverly, the transmission lost all the gears leaving me stranded. It took two weeks to fix it then about 1 week later it was back at the dealer for more transmission related problems ,,things like torque converter, pumps etc... This truck has been the worst vehicle of my life. I've have lost any respect that I had for the DODGE. They have not been helpful at all. Now three years later...the tranny is slippy again and I will again return it back to dodge and see what they have to say.and yes I have fought with lemon laws and suprisingly lost :(