Used 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

mopar is more power
By just some dodge guy

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

i love the truck ive had it since 2006 my dad bought it on new years 2000 i have 124000 miles on it today and it still runs strong tows a 25 ft boat no problem its got the 5.9 liter gas guzzler but it sure does have alot more power than the ford has and it rides very smooth for a truck especially for one that was made almost 10 years ago i had to put a new tranny in it after offroading the truck but the motor is very strong still runs like the day i got it the only problem i have with the truck is the door panels are starting to rust but you have to remember its almost 10 years old i will drive dodge for as long as i live

i liked the ride height and the power rides very nice tranny lasted 100000 miles

load the better models like keep the 1500 stock and make the 1500 slt fully loaded

Great Truck - Still runs great in 2009
By DodgeOwner

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used in 2003 with 57000 miles. I've been driving it for six years now and have accumulated 130000 miles. I had to replace the transmission at 95000 miles but everything else is still running as new. Sure, after being 9 years old, it is starting to show rust around the rear fenders and cab corners but other than that I'm still happy as can be with it. I don't plan on buying another vehicle for years to come. Tons of power and performance, great sound, and awesome looks.

Strong Engine.

Transmission problems need to be addressed. It's true, that you can't own a Dodge truck without replacing the transmission eventually.

best truck
By Dodger

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck after my older Dodge was totaled in an accident. I wouldn't feel safe in anything else. Never had any problems with either truck except BASIC upkeep. Water pump needed to be replaced at 100k miles because supposedly the 2000 were the first year they used a new one. Other then that, no problems. Gas mileage is around 18 mpg, doesn't suck gas like other trucks. Far better mpg then my fathers '07 Titan.

Everything!

power seats would be nice like my 96 model. otherwise it seems built for a man and my legs get tired on long trips.

Best truck on the Road.
By Matt

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have to say that for my age (20), I have owned a lot of vehicles. And this one is by far the best one yet. I have to say that I love this truck. I have a 2000 Ram 1500 sport, with the 5.9 and while it is not the best on gas...averaging like 15mpg...it has been a great truck. With the exception of the axle joints, and an ABS sensor, I havent had to do a thing to this truck. It pulls well and the 4 wheel drive is excellent, even if im just playing in the mud with it. I would highly recommend one of these trucks to anyone, but know that no matter what you buy, there is a chance of getting a bad one, but when you get a good one like I did, its all worth it.

Great sound system. Best looking truck on the road. Very dependable. Comfortable seats. Roomy. Fits large tires without lifting.

Just better on gas really.

2000 Ram 1500
By bentgang

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

We've had this truck for 1.5 yr, have been very happy. Enjoy the highway ride and quiteness. Fuel economy about average for this class, 13-17 on the highway. The 5.2 liter performs well. I can see if you did heavy towing that you might want the 5.9. Interior is nice and solid, not as refined as other brands. Enjoy the ground clearance and the overall stoutness of the truck. Would definitely buy again.

Quitness and ride, exterior/interior design and the quad doors. The room in the back seat.

A little more refinement to the interior, more grunt/economy from the 5.2 engine.