2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4wd ext cab
By grant24 on 04/21/14 10:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I love my truck. Just got 210k miles original motor and tranny. She rides and drives great. When you drive it just put it to the floor and she gets up and goes but my friends truck is a 95 dodge and he had to replace the motor 3 times and the tranny 4 i keep telling him to get a dodge like mine but no he wont

Ram Tough
By roman_capps on 06/08/13 19:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is an awesome truck perhaps my favorite. when we got this Ram it 212k and rebuilt to a decent extent. the person who had it before us was a fire fighter and floored it 24/7. It needed a new crankshaft, also a new power door actuator, and to add to that the hood wasn't latched properly so it flung up and hit the windshield so the hood is crooked. Along with all that is a very reliable engine the 318 is the best engine to put in a big vehicle. Cosmetics is pathetic Chrysler was to cheap to put something better in their vehicles. Overall it is a mean sounding truck, very reliable, and very cheap.

Good First Truck
By Sean on 03/02/10 18:58 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab WS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got my 2000 dodge ram when i was 16. It was my first truck i had ever had. It is a short bed 1500 ram with a 5.9L. The truck now has upgrades,lke new flowmaster 40's on it. It make a kickass sound now. A few days ago i got in my first accident with it. I made a improper right turn and i did not see the car coming at me. It hit me at 45mph and bounced off my truck with little damage to me and for the car that hit me was a new BMW 335i and it got messed up. It is my fault but the truck did save my life because the car hit the drivers door. I would recommend these trucks for new drives for first cars because it saved my life. Even tho i'm 17 now i'm going to keep my truck.

gas mileage
By DAVE on 11/18/09 20:21 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB

great truck. 5.2 engine--gas mileage 16 to 18 mpg. I rerouted air from fender to right front of vehicle to improve gas mileage and power. I installed a short section of pve pipe onto existing air cleaner pipe and routed next to radiator to catch air as you are traveling.

Love it! My 2nd one
By Denise on 05/10/07 00:23 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this truck new with 43 miles on it after a 1996 that I bought used with 3000 miles on it was a lemon. I did put over 115,000 miles on it. I traded it in for this 2000 Dodge that has over 163,000 miles at this time. No major problems at all. I just get regular oil changes, tune up, brakes and routine maintenance. I am going to buy a Jaguar sportwagon soon but I am not getting rid of the truck. As for the mileage. On my recent roundtrip from California to Texas, the average mpg was 16 to 20. I came back loaded to the top and the least mpg was 14. The most major thing that I have done is replace the front spindle at about 60,000 miles.

2000 Ram 1500 Review
By Wade W. on 03/07/07 06:34 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Great truck to own. It's seven years old and only had to replace the transmission. After transmission replacement, it's been awesome!

dodge ram
By toddla on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used and have owned it for 4 months. I get 14mpg steady 50mph and some city driving with KN/dynomax add ons. has 360, good power but no comparison btwn 360 and gm vortec. Great ride height and comfort, seats are great, with all the power options, you can cruise in comfort and style.

Good truck, bad milage
By DodgeDriver on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Awesome truck, but the gas milage stinks. Great for work, towing, and playing. MPG 10-12

real truck
By runnindude on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this after outgrowing my 93 toyota extracab. All 3 of us fit very comfortably in the standard cab/SB, and the truck parks easier than my old toyota (read tight turns). I have had this truck off-road, and the slid axle is vastly superior to any IFS. The 5.9 is a must for the 4WD due to its weight, and I improved the hwy mileage almost 2 MPG with a deck cover. Only problem; a leaking tranny cooler line, fixed under warranty. I have used this truck to haul, tow, and daily driving, and it excells at all, but 13-14 mpg combined stinks. Regardless, if you need a work and/or off-road truck, this is the best from that year.

Nice Design, Low Quality
By JoeB9999 on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB

Love the looks, but am disappointed by rattles, squeaks, inaccurate gas guage, spark knock that can't be fixed, and "software" problems that cause the Check Engine light to come on periodically.