Used 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4wd ext cab
By grant24

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I love my truck. Just got 210k miles original motor and tranny. She rides and drives great. When you drive it just put it to the floor and she gets up and goes but my friends truck is a 95 dodge and he had to replace the motor 3 times and the tranny 4 i keep telling him to get a dodge like mine but no he wont

Ram Tough
By roman_capps

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is an awesome truck perhaps my favorite. when we got this Ram it 212k and rebuilt to a decent extent. the person who had it before us was a fire fighter and floored it 24/7. It needed a new crankshaft, also a new power door actuator, and to add to that the hood wasn't latched properly so it flung up and hit the windshield so the hood is crooked. Along with all that is a very reliable engine the 318 is the best engine to put in a big vehicle. Cosmetics is pathetic Chrysler was to cheap to put something better in their vehicles. Overall it is a mean sounding truck, very reliable, and very cheap.

Favorite Features

The engine, the ride, and reliability

Suggested Improvements

better build quality but, what is the point fiat is choking the life out of Chrysler and its sub divisions.

Good First Truck
By Sean

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab WS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got my 2000 dodge ram when i was 16. It was my first truck i had ever had. It is a short bed 1500 ram with a 5.9L. The truck now has upgrades,lke new flowmaster 40's on it. It make a kickass sound now. A few days ago i got in my first accident with it. I made a improper right turn and i did not see the car coming at me. It hit me at 45mph and bounced off my truck with little damage to me and for the car that hit me was a new BMW 335i and it got messed up. It is my fault but the truck did save my life because the car hit the drivers door. I would recommend these trucks for new drives for first cars because it saved my life. Even tho i'm 17 now i'm going to keep my truck.

Favorite Features

The engine it a 5.9L. Safety of it. the speed

Suggested Improvements

trans are a little weak on them but they still go.

gas mileage
By DAVE

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB

great truck. 5.2 engine--gas mileage 16 to 18 mpg. I rerouted air from fender to right front of vehicle to improve gas mileage and power. I installed a short section of pve pipe onto existing air cleaner pipe and routed next to radiator to catch air as you are traveling.

Love it! My 2nd one
By Denise

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this truck new with 43 miles on it after a 1996 that I bought used with 3000 miles on it was a lemon. I did put over 115,000 miles on it. I traded it in for this 2000 Dodge that has over 163,000 miles at this time. No major problems at all. I just get regular oil changes, tune up, brakes and routine maintenance. I am going to buy a Jaguar sportwagon soon but I am not getting rid of the truck. As for the mileage. On my recent roundtrip from California to Texas, the average mpg was 16 to 20. I came back loaded to the top and the least mpg was 14. The most major thing that I have done is replace the front spindle at about 60,000 miles.

Favorite Features

The seat and steering wheel adjustments is perfect for this 5'4" frame.

Suggested Improvements

The braking system could be improved. After I spend time in the hills using the brakes for extended periods of time, they seem to slip out of anti lock and move forward when applied.