2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
LOVE My Truck
By berlyn on 07/30/12 15:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my 2000 Dodge SLT Laramie 4x2 used with 81,000 miles on it. I am the third owner and I LOVE my truck. It has enough power to pull the horse trailer and enough room for my family to take trips in it comfortably. Just note, you can not put 4 “tall” people in this truck comfortably. It works great for us because we have two family members over 5’7” and two under 5’7”. It has been my daily driver for the last six years and other than the horrible gas mileage of the 5.9 liter V8, I really can’t complain. No major mechanical issues and it wears tires very well. It’s starting to get that “old car” disease, where it’s needing maintenance due to age. I’ve replaced the belts, the tens

Good workhorse
By rob9512 on 04/12/12 19:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Mine is a 5.9L Auto/4x4, but that wasn't an option. Overall this truck has done its duty without any major issues. My dad bought it brand new and i bought it off him 3 years ago. Took good care of it but worked it hard too. They are good for what they are if taken care of. Even with the 5.9L it is underpowered vs newer trucks but we have towed all the way up to max capacity without issue. Gas mileage is atrocious but what do you expect? With 141k miles the only "major" issue is the evaporator went out a few years ago so the air doesnt work, and its an expensive repair. People don't seem to treat them right, but if you do find one that has been taken care of, you can't beat them for the price

Awesome Truck!
By rjr6952 on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It's easy to say this is THE best truck ive ever driven. I'm at almost 123,000 miles and there has been no major fixes on the truck. The only things i've had to replace is the power steering pump and the brake cylinder. Only bad parts about it are the gas mileage (about 12 for me) and the fact that the paint doesn't hold up in the desert!

Miserable Experience
By ShoNuff on 08/01/10 05:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Purchase this truck used. While test driving it my wife accidentally broke the overhead console glasses holder. This was a harbinger of things to come but unfortunately I didn't pay attention as the price was very good and it only had 60K miles on it. Soon after almost every plastic interior piece had broken. The dash completely caved in, the wing down cup holder collapsed, the glove box light bracket snapped causing the light to stay on and the battery to drain. Mechanically, I replaced the driver side window power crank, water pump, power steering pump, radiator, A/C condensate drain and heater core. It doesn't have 100K miles on it yet. While Dodges have great design reliability lack

Reliable over long haul
By Mark on 01/30/10 19:57 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck new 10 years ago and have drove 176,000 miles. Overall a good quality truck. I replaced the transmission at 120,000 miles but no other big ticket repairs. It has been a good truck but has always sucked a lot of gas through the 5.9 l engine (about 14mpg).

mopar is more power
By just some dodge guy on 11/22/09 19:04 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

i love the truck ive had it since 2006 my dad bought it on new years 2000 i have 124000 miles on it today and it still runs strong tows a 25 ft boat no problem its got the 5.9 liter gas guzzler but it sure does have alot more power than the ford has and it rides very smooth for a truck especially for one that was made almost 10 years ago i had to put a new tranny in it after offroading the truck but the motor is very strong still runs like the day i got it the only problem i have with the truck is the door panels are starting to rust but you have to remember its almost 10 years old i will drive dodge for as long as i live

Great Truck - Still runs great in 2009
By DodgeOwner on 05/15/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used in 2003 with 57000 miles. I've been driving it for six years now and have accumulated 130000 miles. I had to replace the transmission at 95000 miles but everything else is still running as new. Sure, after being 9 years old, it is starting to show rust around the rear fenders and cab corners but other than that I'm still happy as can be with it. I don't plan on buying another vehicle for years to come. Tons of power and performance, great sound, and awesome looks.

best truck
By Dodger on 04/15/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck after my older Dodge was totaled in an accident. I wouldn't feel safe in anything else. Never had any problems with either truck except BASIC upkeep. Water pump needed to be replaced at 100k miles because supposedly the 2000 were the first year they used a new one. Other then that, no problems. Gas mileage is around 18 mpg, doesn't suck gas like other trucks. Far better mpg then my fathers '07 Titan.

Best truck on the Road.
By Matt on 07/29/07 00:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have to say that for my age (20), I have owned a lot of vehicles. And this one is by far the best one yet. I have to say that I love this truck. I have a 2000 Ram 1500 sport, with the 5.9 and while it is not the best on gas...averaging like 15mpg...it has been a great truck. With the exception of the axle joints, and an ABS sensor, I havent had to do a thing to this truck. It pulls well and the 4 wheel drive is excellent, even if im just playing in the mud with it. I would highly recommend one of these trucks to anyone, but know that no matter what you buy, there is a chance of getting a bad one, but when you get a good one like I did, its all worth it.

2000 Ram 1500
By bentgang on 03/30/07 12:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

We've had this truck for 1.5 yr, have been very happy. Enjoy the highway ride and quiteness. Fuel economy about average for this class, 13-17 on the highway. The 5.2 liter performs well. I can see if you did heavy towing that you might want the 5.9. Interior is nice and solid, not as refined as other brands. Enjoy the ground clearance and the overall stoutness of the truck. Would definitely buy again.