2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Good First Truck
By Sean on 03/02/10 18:58 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 WS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got my 2000 dodge ram when i was 16. It was my first truck i had ever had. It is a short bed 1500 ram with a 5.9L. The truck now has upgrades,lke new flowmaster 40's on it. It make a kickass sound now. A few days ago i got in my first accident with it. I made a improper right turn and i did not see the car coming at me. It hit me at 45mph and bounced off my truck with little damage to me and for the car that hit me was a new BMW 335i and it got messed up. It is my fault but the truck did save my life because the car hit the drivers door. I would recommend these trucks for new drives for first cars because it saved my life. Even tho i'm 17 now i'm going to keep my truck.

Many issues and poor customer service.
By SRodriguez on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 WS 2dr Regular Cab SB

This was my first Dodge. It is a sharp looking vehicle and is extremely roomy. However, this is the extent of their good features. V8 Engine sluggish between 1500 - 2800 rpms. Warped Rotors or drums at 6700 miles, at 12000 miles, at 18000 and again at 32000. Second issue, at 13500 loud hammering sound from transmission. Dodge solution-pack grease between incorrectly sized bushings. Since 28000 loud grinding transmission noises when shifting. 4x in shop, problem persists. valve body replaced 2x. Dodge claims don't need to fix bc still moves and shifts. Service advisors and Dept. Mgr at TX Chrysler Dodge in Georgetown, TX no power to fix. District Mgr no help.