Dependable machine
By g dolski on
1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
My dash has never cracked! (must be that armor all hahaha) I bought this truck because of the way it looked back in 2001, big and mean. Very reliable truck, she has always gotten me back home, not afraid to go driving long distance. regular maintenance goes a long, long way. The only major repair I had to do was the torque converter (replaced with aftermarket high stall) and added a transmission cooler because the transmission started acting up at around 120k and haven't had any problems since. Strong 5.9 magnum will spin 35's no problem and still have lots of horses left to pull that moose out. Next truck will definitely be another Dodge whenever this one goes, not for a long time.
Favorite Features
It feels like a solid truck when driving, it sits nice and high stock. solid front axle (nice and strong). lots of interior room and seat is comfortable. maintenance wise easy to fix, lots of room all around to change and add parts.
Suggested Improvements
1st thing get a transmission cooler and 2nd cold air intake if anything. Buy greasable-aftermarket steering parts when they go. Buy greasable anything that needs to be greased