1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
1999 Dodge Ram
By Dougeefresh2 on 11/01/07 09:59 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Other than the well known cracked dashboard syndrome these trucks inherited, I love my truck. Must have cat back duel exhaust. The sound and performance gain is well worth the $300. A truck that never failed me yet up here in upstate NY(knock on wood)

Poorly made interior
By ktfolden on 08/24/07 20:34 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Transmisson problems, dashboard cracked to pieces, paint on the hood and roof lost clearcoat and started to rust, catalytic converter had to be replaced...besides that, nice truck. Buy at your own risk

I'm happy with this old Ram!
By Dodge City on 02/14/07 00:56 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Okay, it obvious, this Ram is not going to give you great gas mileage. But to be honest this vehicle is not giving me much less than my 1999 Ford Windstar! I sold my 2006 Mazda5 to get this Ram (the M5 was too small for us and the gas mileage was eved worse!) This model seems to turn heads! Many people think it looks great. I have to agree. When I purchased this truck in late October 2006, my mechanic noted that there were no big problems. Not bad considering the mileage! There's more than enough room in our Sport model to take the the kids and their instruments to lessons.

Not bad
By Ram_Driver on 09/11/06 10:02 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 2004 with about 49k on it. It's been a decent truck, but has no creature comforts at all, if that's important to you. It has decent power, but the suspension is pretty stiff, and I had to replace a head gasket. All in all, I'm not sure I would buy another Dodge.

Dodge Trucks
By Heronimous Lex on 06/13/06 21:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

It has been one of the best trucks I have ever had and I have had a lot of trucks. Also it is real reliable it can pull almost everthing and I have never had a problem with it.

Reliable Truck
By Boe on 03/24/06 20:29 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Purchased new to tow 3600lbs boat. Traveled to KS, TN, KY, VA, FL inside of 2 weeks and really enjoyed the trip. Great power, acceleration, and pulls like no other truck I've owned. A smooth ride on the Michelin tires; not so using Bridgstone AT. Dash top cracked after about 5 years. Minimum worrisome problems with regular maintenance performed. I did rebuild transmission at 84k; replace A/C system at 79k. Now I feel confident it is good for several more years and another 80k miles! Yes - I would buy another one.

What a Dream
By Joeffr42 on 01/28/06 23:35 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this vehicle with 26,000 miles on it. Best truck I have ever owned! Have had no problems with transmision or engine. The power driver seat has enough options to give a very comfortable ride. Looking forward to many more years of great service from this vehicle.

Good Truck
By Jeff Harken on 12/25/05 18:10 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought the truck new in 99 and have had good luck with it. I use it to pull a 3,000lbs boat all summer and do some intense off roading when ice fishing. I have had some warranty work for the intake manifold gasket and have changed brakes and tires from normal use. The suspension seems to be a bit soft as it sometimes will bottom out with load in bed and steering seems to have some extra play in it. The truck overall has performed good and has been reliable. I have always liked the styling which was the deciding factor to buy.

Dependable blue sport
By ernie dayo on 12/23/05 11:13 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Good ride and great handling capability. Reliable. Those with bad experiences with the motor/automatic transmission, all I can say is proper maintenance goes a long way.103,000 miles and the motor and transmission (using the approved tranny fluid )are still strong. Not a dime spent other than fluids (oil changes) and 1 tune up on the engine, tranny. I would strongly recommend a tranny cooler added. The front seats are comfortable on long/short trips. This truck hauls loads with great braking and drive train capability. Only the evaperator, speed sensor, water pump, and light switch have been replaced .Not bad for 103,000 miles. Next truck will be another Dodge after this one wears out in 15 years or so.

One great truck
By mikey on 11/14/05 17:56 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Only 17 years old and bought the truck last month. 160,000 miles on it and it runs great. A lot of power, and can tow my pop's 28 ft boat with ease. It's hard on gas, that's it. Rides nices too. Just hope the tranny wont go like people say.