Used 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

My experience
By icecube

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought my truck new and used it in my construction business. I never (!) had a problem in 76,000 miles of Alaskan driving. No squeaks, leaks, mechanical problems, or anything else. But I sadly sold it when I retired and moved overseas....cheap living now. I have owned 5 Dodge trucks and have been more than satisfied. But the gas mileage stinks.

Favorite Features

The total quiet within the cab. Lots of room. Good ride.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. 14 mpg in the city. But it is a truck and is expected.

1999 Dodge Ram Sport
By CW

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck with 110,000 miles, and whoever owned it before me neglected it like no other. After about $1500 in parts and labor, I can honestly say I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm 24 and have had 17 trucks since I've been 17. Yeah, the gas mileage stinks, but what do expect when a truck is modeled after a big rig? These trucks weren't made to be espically comfortable either, they were built to get the job done. I cant remember any other half ton truck that came with a solid front axle in 99.

Favorite Features

You name it, I like it.

Suggested Improvements

I would say gas mileage but what do you expect when you drive a tank. If any thing maybe the clear coat issue

You get what you pay for
By Alex

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab WS 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has left me stranded more than any other vehicle i have ever owned. The transmission went out at 94,000 miles. I have also had a lot of electrical problems which left me on the side of the road,but once i got these problems worked out it actually isn't that bad of a vehicle. It has plenty of power for towing.(I use it to tow my 86 mustang). The dash is HORRIBLE. This thing cracked in so many different places and has HUGE holes in them.

Favorite Features

Heated mirrors come in handy on winter mornings.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge needs to accept that they put crappy dash boards in and fix them instead of blaming owners and they need to improve their transmissions.

Not bad
By Ram_Driver

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 2004 with about 49k on it. It's been a decent truck, but has no creature comforts at all, if that's important to you. It has decent power, but the suspension is pretty stiff, and I had to replace a head gasket. All in all, I'm not sure I would buy another Dodge.

Favorite Features

Good power. I have the split bench with the fold down console, which I really like. It's fairly roomy for a regular cab, plenty of room behind the seats.

Suggested Improvements

Could ride better. The seat is difficult to get adjusted to my legs. I'm either too close to the wheel, or too far, there isn't much of an in-between.

Great Truck
By Ray Whitney

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Purchased new, no problems, except brakes needed replacement at 40,000 miles, now need it again at 75000. The fuel ecomony is not great but average for a full size truck, plenty of power to tow a 6000 boat.

Favorite Features

It's outstanding appearance

Suggested Improvements

brake system