Used 1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Love this old truck
By JD

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck almost 15 years ago and have grown attached to it. Has it's quirks (have to learn to work the tranny manually so it doesn't search for power) 318 is a rock solid engine. Don't get me wrong, truck is slow as hell, but it always starts, always goes. Lots of salt in northern Illinois so it has all the typical rust you would find on a Ram of this year. Have 260000 miles on it now. Typical dash cracks. Truck still does truck things, hauls, tows. Like an old dog, I just can't contemplate putting it down. I'm probably biased by now, even though all the new trucks have surpassed it in tech and performance, I'll keep mine. Love it.

257,000 and still running great
By Martin

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Bought it at 250,000 thought I was an idiot but it was the exact opposite. I live in Texas and like to fish a lot so the terrain gets rugged. The 4x4 works great, does kinda stick a little but it'll still go in gear after I put it back in 2WD then crank it back to 4x4. Haven't had any issues with it since I've had it besides general maintenance except for the passenger window motor going out. Other than that it was a great buy. I've never had a problem towing or hauling either. Gas mileage city blows but I don't drive that much during the work week so I only have to throw in $30 every two weeks or so.

Great Truck
By bob

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought my truck brand new in 1999, truck has performed awesome!
4x4 is fantastic in the snow, handles great.
truck has 158,000 miles now with no issues other than regular maintenance like brakes, battery etc.

clear coat failed but that's not Dodges fault!!!
this truck was my 3rd ram and two weeks ago I just bought a 2015 ram 1500 and absolutely love it!!

This has been an amazing truck...durable...rides great..never left me walking.

I will always recommend a dodge truck to anyone who asks!

Ram Tough
By smh1992

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought a 1999 Sport model with the 5.9L with 135,000 miles. Never had a truck before, but I love this vehicle. I'm a bigger guy and I have more than enough room. This truck is the definition of toughness. I like to take it off-roading and it handles itself very well. Best looking truck on the road too, in my opinion. That 5.9L V8 is a beast too. Love when I step on the gas and hear that engine roar. The 4X4 works extremely well too. Where I live, we get pretty deep snow and I've never once gotten stuck in 4WD. Overall a great truck and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a stylish, powerful, roomy pickup. Will look to buy another one when this one dies on me.

5.9 liters of pure muscle. Interior space, ride height, styling, and 4WD.

Wish it had a little better gas mileage, but that is to be expected with a full-size pickup.

Huge Mistake On This Purchase
By addiesue

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 1999 and have had nothing but problems from day one. I had 4,200 miles on it and the serpintine belt failed. I have replaced the intake gasket,all the u-joints,front wheel bearing,brake lines,idler pully,another serpintine belt,the fuel pump is going out,cat conv,front speakers,has a broken latch on inside quad doors,headlights get water in them,,trans slips,replaced speed sensor,replace trans pan rust caused a hole,clear coat on roof is gone. i have 83,000 miles on this truck and I would never buy a Dodge truck again.Note to owners on the auto-trans, put in (nuteral) and run for 2 min before driving the torque conveter drains fluid while sitting and ruins trans.