Speaking up too!
By TDouty on
1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
I, too, was quite surprised to read all the negative reviews of this truck. I have owned this vehicle for over 4 years now and haven't had any major problems that weren't covered by the standard warranty. I understand the problem that was reported with the steering column. I had to have it replaced shortly after buying the vehicle because the shift lever was acting flakey and sometimes wouldn't come out of park. The brake rotors could be heftier; I've had problems with them warping and the most I tow is a 2000 lb popup camper. It's a simple job to take them off and take them to be touched up at the local garage. Overall, it's been a great truck.
Favorite Features
Styling. This truck has been known to turn a few heads when it's shined up! The front seat is very comfortable. Speaking from a guy with a bad lower back, the support is wonderful!
Suggested Improvements
It has a loud fan roar unless the weather is warm, which is annoying. Larger brake rotors would be nice. The side mirrors are large and create a blind spot. The stock stereo had poor sound quality; I replaced it. I'd like to see a power control for the rear sliding window.