1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 5.2L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 98 Quad-Cab 4x4

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

98 Quad-Cab 4x4
By mfloyd on

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in Feb of 1998.I didnt order it because I needed a good reliable truck right then. My 85 Ford 4x4 was breaking down faster then I could keep up with it. So I bought my Dodge off the lot. The truck has preformed great. Very comfortable interior, great looking exterior. These trucks are like the vehicles of years gone by when you could tell the make and model from a 1/2 mile away. Now most vehicles all look the same. You have to walk up close to see the name badge to see what it is, but not the Dodge Ram. You can tell it's a Ram from a mile away

Favorite Features

The instrument cluster is easy to see. All switches are within arm's reach. Very comfortable seats. Lots of room front and back. Very stylish front clip. I also like the solid front axle. The new 1500's have an independent front axle.

Suggested Improvements

The springs on the 1500 see a bit weak for a truck and the front disc brakes are too small. Other then that I can't think of anything else and I used to be a mechanic, so I'm very picky.