Used 1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

love my truck
By feff

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB

well, reading the bashing statements from other people crack me up, i guess they don't think that chevy and ford have there problems. As far as the brakes, they are made by "G.M." so there's your problem. i agree the brakes are defiently under par, but in atlanta traffic there going to be a issue. i've driven my truck very hard for 80,000 miles now, bringing it to the drag strip every weekend for about 2 years straight, and now every weekend towing a 4,000 lb. car. As far as the power goes, at least once a week i blow a chevy away. I love my truck, and wouldn't tell anyone not to buy one!

Looks, sound, reliability

get rid of the chevy braking system

Great Truck to drive / own
By Rambo

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This has been a great truck to drive and own. This is my first Dodge truck after Fords and Chevys and have always liked std cabs and this one is enormous. I applaud Chrysler for this great truck

Large interior, great looks, plenty of power and good towing capabilities.

Improve gas mileage.

Excellent Truck
By stoltzt66

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've been very happy with this vehicle. I originally bought it for its looks. But after 5 years I'll say I'm glad I have it for every other reason too. It has everything you'll ever need on a vehicle, passenger room, hauling room and great comfort too.

Some of the best feature of the truck have been its SIZE. Everything is a bit bigger.....Center console, cup holders, seats, mirrors......the list goes on.

Better feel for the road. I know it's a truck but a better feel for the road would be great.

RAMMIN' Tough
By Purvis

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my truck! bought it in 98 no problems, had rotors changed at 52,000mi. strong 5.9, although it sips gas...awesome power! Dodge Trucks RULE!

Tough-"i'll kick your butt if ya mess with me" style.

I cant think of any.

Good From Far...But Far From Good!!
By sigep-sarge

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My sister-in-law leased the truck new, I purchased the truck with 35000. In less than a year I have had to replace plugs & wires twice, flushed the fuel system twice (professionally), installed a K&N Air filter, and replaced the intake manifold gasket. That was all to get rid of cylinder 8 misfires. The Front main seal was leaking oil at 38000 miles. The rear axle was shot at 37000 and the factory made me pay $500 to replace verything. The trim in the interior feels like It's made of cheap plastic..oh, it is. I thought the bigger 360 would have some guts to it...not really. Im going for a Chevy or GMC...soon.

I love the way this truck looks, but its like the pretty & dumb girl. You get past her looks pretty quick!

Chrysler should hire at least one engineer. It's a big company afterall.