Used 1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Fix A Few Things Wiil Ya Dodge?
By OldDodgeFan

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB

Dodge cut some corners to save pennies and made a truck of lower quality. Cup holders are 100% guaranteed to break at the hinges. Paint is very thin at places. My work truck (read no carpet) floor mat pulled from doorsills in first few months. Dodge could have left 2 inches more material and eliminated this problem. No front end grease fittings from factory. My local Dodge dealer added them for me. I had the top of the dash crack on a cold morning. I live very close to Florida! Again a cold morning 40F! At that point not covered under warranty. I bought a cover A good truck that could have been better.

Exterior looks

Cup holder. Paint. Dash material. Add grease fittings

love my truck
By feff

1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB

well, reading the bashing statements from other people crack me up, i guess they don't think that chevy and ford have there problems. As far as the brakes, they are made by "G.M." so there's your problem. i agree the brakes are defiently under par, but in atlanta traffic there going to be a issue. i've driven my truck very hard for 80,000 miles now, bringing it to the drag strip every weekend for about 2 years straight, and now every weekend towing a 4,000 lb. car. As far as the power goes, at least once a week i blow a chevy away. I love my truck, and wouldn't tell anyone not to buy one!

Looks, sound, reliability

get rid of the chevy braking system